Agnostic.com

1 0

Chronic Depression?

Tell me your thoughts on this:
I'm not depressed, I just have disrupted reward circuitry.

I found that explanation when researching why it was that after being given a prescription for phentermine and taking it for a few days that not only was my depression relieved, but some very serious joint pain in my knee also went away. And, despite what would normally have been thought, stimulant medication for those suffering from chronic pain does not necessarily cause an increase in blood pressure. Oddly enough it does the opposite. Wait...bam. I died. No not really. But seriously! It's on the internet! It has to be true. Honestly... I do feel better. It's been a week. I can walk without limping. Without using a cane. Without grinding my teeth.

FreeHugs 4 May 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It’s too soon to know. A quick online search reveals some very serious side effects to that weight-loss drug. I’m no doctor, but if I were in your shoes I’d tread very carefully.

My opinion, based on experience, is that depression is caused by the thinking of untrue negative thoughts. Dr. Maxie Maultsby Jr., developer of the cognitive-behavioral therapy method of psychological counseling, wrote some easy-to-read books that anyone can use on their own to great benefit. Help Yourself to Happiness is the one I used.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:498972
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.