Agnostic.com

3 3

A picture is worth a thousand words

barjoe 9 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is a truth that should be constantly shown to the world since most believers deny that they act this way. Someone may say: but these people in the picture may not be Christian. Yes, that is true, however, we concur with the sentiment of the meme because it is true. It may not be true about all Christians, however, it is true that Christians act this way, while all the while, proclaiming that they exude the love of their god. This truth needs to be shown more often in order for it to be forced into the believer's deluded minds.

“A doctrine insulates the devout not only against the realities around them but also against their own selves. The fanatical believer is not conscious of his envy, malice, pettiness and dishonesty. There is a wall of words between his consciousness and his real self.” - Eric Hoffer, The True Believer

“The act of self-denial seems to confer on us the right to be harsh and merciless toward others. The impression somehow prevails that the true believer, particularly the religious individual, is a humble person. The truth is that the surrendering and humbling of the self breed pride and arrogance. The true believer is apt to see himself as one of the chosen, the salt of the earth, a prince disguised in meekness, who is destined to inherit this earth and the kingdom of heaven, too. He who is not of his faith is evil; he who will not listen shall perish.” - Eric Hoffer

"When the weak want to give an impression of strength they hint menacingly at their capacity for evil. It is by its promise of a sense of power that evil often attracts the weak." - Eric Hoffer

"Take away hatred from some people, and you have men without faith."
-- Eric Hoffer, The Passionate State of Mind, aph. 225 (1955)

"To know a person's religion we need not listen to his profession of faith but must find his brand of intolerance."
-- Eric Hoffer, The Passionate State of Mind, aph. 215 (1955)

"There is always a chance that he who sets himself up as his brother's keeper will end up by being his jail-keeper."
-- Eric Hoffer

"When we believe ourselves in possession of the only truth, we are likely to be indifferent to common everyday truths."
-- Eric Hoffer, The Passionate State of Mind, aph. 83 (1955)

"The less justified a man is in claiming excellence for his own self, the more ready he is to claim all excellence for his nation, his religion, his race or his holy cause...." - Eric Hoffer

Here are a few more examples of Christian Love:

The Catholic Church has acquitted an HIV-infected priest who has admitted to raping close to 30 young girls between the ages of five and 10 years old.
[churchandstate.org.uk]

Victims of religion
[childrenshealthcare.org]

When Religious Beliefs Become Dangerous
[scientificamerican.com]

...and to think someone actually took shit for describing them as “a basket of Deplorables.” Remember thinking to myself, they’re the scum of the earth … but then I wasn’t running for President..

Varn Level 8 May 27, 2020

Yes any religion that puts, my relationship with god, my salvation and my church first, then adds no clear moral code, but is prepared to justify any form of "I want". Is bound to attract the spoiled entitled brat element.

Those have graduated far beyond brats.. They’re militant, raving, hostile, (often armed) foot soldiers for ‘god!’

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:500014
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.