Agnostic.com

3 2

Is Trump the worst President ever?

I don't know enough about history to say with confidence, but these headlines of the last few days help underscore that he is, at the least, a worst-case-scenario for our times. Frankly, the fact that many Americans are to a decent degree keeping their wits about them and that we still have some shot at survival as a country even with the daily malevolent attacks on our system by the elected head of state ... this fact is a testimony to the citizenry as a whole.

When our communities do open back up a bit and it's safe to mingle more and go see friends more, I am wondering what I will say to people I suspect of still, in their cowardly and/or stupid way, supporting this Constitution-wrecking bastard.

Here is what we have only recently, the onslaught of attacks on our rights perhaps attributable in part to the emboldening of this carcinogenic villain by failure to remove him from office during Impeachment efforts.

• Open recent attacks on public health. He has cumulatively cost many thousands of US lives, if not many more:
    [salon.com]
    *Trump mocks reporter who rejects his order to remove face mask: “You want to be politically correct"
    Matthew Chapman
    May 27, 2020 7:00AM (UTC)
  • Open recent attacks on the sanctity of our voting system building on years of same. He is now on the verge of completing the undermining one of the cornerstones of the Constitution:
    [politico.com]
    Breaking|3,296 views|May 26, 2020,11:37am EDT
    Trump Says The Election Will Be 'Rigged' By Mail-In Voting, Despite Research
    Tommy Beer
    Forbes Staff

• Open recent attacks by President Trump on free speech itself, falsely claiming to be protecting free speech (as he falsely claims to be protecting voting rights and falsely would claim he's done a great job protecting public health during SC2.
    [reclaimthenet.org]
    Issue: May 23, 2020
    Trump reportedly plans new commission to deal with social media platforms’ restriction of free speech
    By Cindy Harper
    Posted 6:37 pm

kmaz 7 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

James Buchanan is considered our worst president. Trump is probably the worst person ever to be president.

The competition is fierce to be considered the worst President ever. While some historicans do consider Buchanan the worst, others consider him to be not quite the worst. There are others in the running including Harrison, Harding, Johnson, Pierce and now Trump. Mr. Trump is clearly headed toward one of the worst positions, but whether he will in the end be a consensus pick for absolute worst, I don't know.

[en.wikipedia.org]

@kmaz Franklin Pierce was real bad. WH Harrison barely served, Benjamin Harrison wasn't a bad president. Tyler was terrible but Buchanan was the worst president. Millard Fillmore was bad. I think Herbert Hoover and Woodrow Wilson were bad presidents. Trump is the worst person to ever hold the office and history won't be good to him.

@barjoe

My point was simply that other knowledgeable people in this area may see it differently than you.

BTW, you conspicuously left Johnson out of your summary. From my limited recollection and knowledge, he would be one of my nominees.

@kmaz That would be Andrew Johnson or LBJ? Andrew Johnson was railroaded into impeachment because the Democrats wanted to punish him for helping to elect Lincoln and for Reconstruction. He would not be in my list. Herbert Hoover ignored the great depression and Woodrow Wilson ignored 1918 H1N1 epidemic which killed 3/4 million Americans. Yes Trump should be on the list.

I used to think Reagan was the dumbest.
But then George " Big Ears" Bush came along.
Now we have Trumpty Dumbty. And he makes the other two look like Rhodes scholars!

I have no doubt he will go down as the worst President ever by legitimate historians. Maybe Andrew Johnson will give him a run for his money, but Rump ain't done yet.

Yes, Andrew Johnson is the the name that comes to mind, from what little I know. This link helps me keep perspective on the matter sometimes.

Historical rankings of presidents of the United States
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scholar survey results

[en.wikipedia.org]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:500082
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.