Agnostic.com

4 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can't remember the last time I got food from there. My guess would be the early Summer of last year. After hearing they want to back Trump, I most likely won't eat there ever again.

Just so everyone understands this, franchise brands such as Wendy's or McD's rarely operate their own restaurants. A franchisee (individual or business) pays a franchise fee to the franchisor (Wendy's) to be granted a license to sell goods and services under the franchise brand.

The story here is a FRANCHISEE made donations, NOT Wendy's franchise company.

There could have hundreds or thousands of franchisees doing business under the Wendy's brand, some may be Trump supporters, some may be not be. Mass-canceling Wendy's means a good number of non-Trump-supporting individuals/businesses will bear damages too.

However a share of the franchise profits (usually) do go back to the mother corporation.

@snytiger6 Typically in form of franchise license fees, not percentage of the profit, but yes different franchise may do things differently. Point being, just because one franchisee donates to Trump does not make Wendy's or all Wendy's franchisee evil.

Asshole CEO

bobwjr Level 10 June 3, 2020

I never thought they were that great, anyway. No loss.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:502331
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.