Agnostic.com

2 0

the phrase..."all lives matter'' is a sign of ignorance or naivety.... both have no place in our current society

blzjz 7 June 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not know if you are being sarcastic. You refer to "both" not having a place in our current society. By phrasing it that way, I assume the second unnamed slogan is "Black Lives Matter".

"Black lives matter" has historical context and cannot be separated from the events of the past. To ignore that is to either not know this Nations real history or to have ones head in the sand for the last six years

Whites can not claim this moniker as we have held the reigns of economic power, political power, and cultural power since the 1600's. We have made sure that our white life matters by subjugating and oppressing those that do not resemble our white European heritage. Subjugation is not always done with a whip or switch. Subjugation also happens with policies, access to resources, access to economic opportunity. White lives have mattered for 400 years, we've made sure of that.

Only by finally having an honest discussion about race, its manifestations, and its impacts will it potentially end. Not talking about it is how we got here in the first place. Denial or silence is what keeps it alive.

It was, and remains my initial reaction. Distinguishing by race is what got us here…

Varn Level 8 June 3, 2020
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:502377
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.