Agnostic.com

3 14

This is one of my favorite quotes . . . . that I lifted off of a Christopher Hitchens video on youtube, since is seems to not be so well known . . .

"One obstacle to liberty, is the poisonous role played by fellow primates of mine, who think they can tell me what to do, in the name of god, because god has told them that they have this power. So that is one thing I would like to be shot of, right here in the here and now, and in my suspicion is, if they really are so religious, where do they want power, in what world they care about, the next one, or this one . . . . . it will be this one every time because they too, know perfectly well, that this is the only life we have got."

Archeus_Lore 7 June 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I never get tired of listening and reading Christopher Hitchens. He always hits the nail on the head. You find yourself saying....I could not have ever come up with a way of putting it better myself.

He makes a good point - IMO If anybody Really Believed in the stuff the bible says - they know they are all going to hell - because we all know - NOBODY has not broken those commandments, not to mention all the other rules - not allowed to were cloth of mixed or blended fabrics - if your wife is not a virgin you must slay her - advocates slavery - slaughter - rape - the whole thing is so wrong -
I keep trying to tell them - if you need to worship something worship life, not death - worship the earth, the sun , the moon, the universe - this is what gives us all life - & P.S. Nothing gets out alive, not even you...

The big problem with any Theocracy, is that every group insists on being "Theo"

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:502552
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.