Agnostic.com

5 5

Why the US has thugs for police - [commondreams.org]

Allamanda 8 June 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

With 18,000 agencies in the US only the larger, urban agencies wil be able to get all the hardware. I think most average towns are just getting by. Also how does the fact f women and minorities in the forces play out? I agree, with a growing population often comes a growing crime rate. The rate has been going down but it is not because people are behaving better. I do agree this has really gotten out of hand with the police who feel they are above the law and have the mentality, ends justifies the means has created a monster.

I think that in general the police are professional, polite and effective, at least that’s been my experience.

I hear though that in many places there is an out-of-Control rogue element.

There’s also the issue of police unions that sometimes encourage bad behavior and that protect rogue cops.

[nationalreview.com]

This mentality is so entrenched in the way our police view themselves that it's hard to imagine a way to disassemble that system. They'll fight hard to keep that power in place now that they have it.

One thing they could do is place a restriction of at least two years for ex-military to be able to apply for a job in law enforcement.

@Allamanda Not the same job.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:502728
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.