Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK "Yeah, but you're not Black" | The Culture Blend

This blog post was written by my teenage year's youth group pastor. He was the only one within the institution of the church that would listen to my endless questions and was willing to state when he simply didn't know the answer. I've always respected him for that, and while we both ended up leaving the church, I believe he remains a Christian. He's not your typical Christian, as evidenced by the fact that in this rather lengthy blog post, he mentions God or Christianity exactly zero times, but what he has to say is very much worth listening to.

Amzungu 8 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What an admirable guy! Keeps his beliefs too himself rather than wearing them in his sleeve. Very insightful.

Agreed. Considering he started out Southern Baptist, he's come a very long way from that line of thinking. I have heard him give multiple talks about LGTB acceptance in the church and what impresses me about his approach is that he isn't trying to get others to fit under the Christian umbrella, he is more trying to get the umbrella to cover anyone who wishes to climb under it. Hard not to have some respect for that. Even to hear him speak, he sounds more like a Humanist than a Christian. I know his faith is still important to him, but he is not afraid to speak out against the injustices within the institutions.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:504165
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.