Agnostic.com

9 0

Anyone here know of a good vacation destination that’s not in a big city?

I’m reaching out to get some feedback on unique vacation spots. I like mountains, lakes, or beaches, but I don’t need it to be limited to just those. I want something where I can learn something or experience something I’ve never done before. Any advice?

paul1967 8 June 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Turkey, it has all of the things you like, mountains lakes etc. but being a traditional Islamic country, with huge history, it will be a completely different cultural experience. The people are so friendly, I love it it is magical.

Sedona, Arizona also not that far from the Grand Canyon.

lerlo Level 8 June 10, 2020

Mount Desert Island, Maine. There's a national park with camping. Cadillac Mountain is there. The small city of Bar Harbor is there too.

Mystic Seaport in Mystic CT (southeastern ct). Spend a day or longer in this authentic recreation of a shipbuilding community from the past. Also nearby a lovely large Mystic Aquarium, tons 9f gorgeous beaches in both RI & CT. Providence about an hour away, lots of seafood deliciousness. Also a free Submarine Museum with the original Nautilus about 5 miles away. Lots of lighthouses too.....

The Serengeti

Also depends if you want a genuine life experience or just want to be a voyeur.

You can swim with manatees in Florida!

[discovercrystalriverfl.com]

Exit Glacier near Seward, Alaska. Learn firsthand about the effects of global warming there. Then go to Matanuska Glacier to take the hiking tour out on the glacier itself to learn more about what is happening to our glaciers and become one of the few people to have ever walked on a glacier. You won't regret it.

Provincetown at the tip of Cape Cod

Fiji has always been on my destination bucket list. There you have mountains and beaches and a ton of fascinating indigenous culture. You can find some really unique 'resorts', ecotourist resorts, treehouse resorts, or go visit the Blue Lagoon... Sounds like an amazing vacation to me. 🙂

Thanks, I’ll look into it

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:504548
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.