Agnostic.com

8 1

It has been said that Trumps presidency and his popularity back from 2016 on was as a result of his racist policies. Do you think that racism played an overwhelming role in him becoming president.

dermot235 7 June 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Do you think water is wet?

the man is off his rocker to begin with. I think of his racism as a small part if his overall xenophobia. just like the meme suggests. his ego is a house of cards defended by his narcissism. his power to share his illness with citizens who can identify with that kind of fear surely gained him votes last time around. too many are in love with the LIE.

I Agree. Fear and Hate are his standard tools when he want's to attract voters to him
When Trump came out and said that Mexicans are rapists and Murderers and MAYBE some are good and then people still Vote for him. That tells me they are racist even if they say they disagree with him saying that. To tolerate a guy saying that and still vote for him says a lot about that person in my book

Yup that's him to a T.

bobwjr Level 10 June 10, 2020

Just like Hitler, Trump comes from a "IT'S THEIR FAULT" position. Hitler had the Jewish people, trump has the THEM....it's THEM position

Leetx Level 7 June 10, 2020

No doubt that Trump loves to blame other people for everything he thinks is wrong with America. And he never blames White people or White Christians for anything. It's the Muslims, The Mexicans, it's the Chinese. He always groups people and stereotypes them and then attacks them. I think if you still vote for him after he does this time and time again you are a racist on some level.

Definitely. He tapped into Americas ugly underbelly. He has a 30 years history of racist acts surrounding his businesses.

t1nick Level 8 June 10, 2020

You hit the nail n the head

Evertime it seems like hes losing people he rants about brown immigrants and he brings them all back.

MsAl Level 8 June 10, 2020

This is one of the most frustrating things about Trump. The more intolerance and racist he gets the more support he seems to get. He certainly has never lost support when he does this. It tells you a lot about the people who vote for him

Not actual racism, not at first, bigotry yes, nationalism definitely, popularism and catering to the lowest base instincts of morons, like a champion yup.
Racism was an added bonus sneaked in later just to sweeten the deal with all the hate mongering filth...ooops sorry "very fine people" he relies on to keep his numbers up.

Not at First??. I can't remember a time when he did not use race to appeal to people. Right from the start it was all about immigration and "The wall"

@dermot235 did you actually read past the opening six words of my post?

@LenHazell53 No, I read it. I just disagree with it. That's all

Yes, Trump's racism rhetoric brought out the silent white majority out to vote. I have said before what media does not talk openly for political correctness... "The white backlash against the black president for 8 years helped Trump win." Hillary's ability to turn off Democratic voters was a bigger reason.

Hillary did get the popular vote. We should always remember that. But With a candidate like Trump she should have been able to do better. I do believe that women are held to a higher standard than men and I think that helped Trump by making Democratic voters less likely to come out and vote. So misogyny played a role here too in my view. "emails". There is no way a man would have been attacked like that for an email issue

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:504773
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.