Agnostic.com

5 0

If the bible is fictional, and some laws were derived from the bible, it goes to follow that the law is also fictional, sprung from the imagination of idiots, enforced by people chasing paper that has no value, and the study of law is merely the study of another mans imagination.

Rich177 5 June 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What a magnificent stream of non sequiturs! Thanks for the laughter. 🙂

So, why do you believe that whatever Congress writes on paper suddenly becomes real when it didn't exist before?

@Rich177 Sigh. You are begging question about the nature of belief, the nature of reality, and the nature of existence.

@Rich177 okay as I suspected

You raise a classic point in the debate between theists and one theists. I agree with your thesis, as only belief in God or a god can give law an origin beyond the imagination of humankind.
I don't think that means we should live in anarchic conditions, but it does mean that the law of any nation will often be deeply flawed, inconsistent and at times result in terrible outcomes for some.

"If the bible is fictional, and some laws were derived from the bible, it goes to follow that the law is also fictional,"
Complete and total non sequitur.

Most Greek philosophy is delivered in fictional discourses between two fictional characters, this in no way invalidates the wisdom contained therein.
Works of fiction often contain more truth and wisdom than unsubstantiated documentaries.

You're missing the whole point.

@Rich177 then you did not make it well enough, I used your words and answered them

The point is that the law is imaginary, which you didnt dispute. You just made your opinion that imaginary works have more wisdom.

@Rich177 The law is imaginary? How so?

@Rich177 I saw the point of your original post as being a risible nonsense.

@anglophone well, where does it exist except in man's imagination? Much like Mickey mouse.

@Rich177 Imagination and awareness are quite distinct.

If you wish to consider the genesis of Old Testament law, consider the The Law Of Hammurabi

I'm looking it up, thanks for the information.

I don’t agree with your logic. It would be nearly impossible for everything in the Bible to be false. The Bible is a collection of old writings having varying degrees of validity. If some laws were based on something in the Bible that would not invalidate laws in general. It wouldn’t even necessarily invalidate the laws based on the Bible.

People are smart enough to figure out what laws are needed.

The laws were created from mans imagination, unless you believe they came from god. Lol.

Right slavery was needed. So smart. NOT! If you're honest, the laws defy common sense and logic. If someone dared to stop Chavin from cutting off George Floyds blood supply via his carotid artery, the law would say that was assault on an officer, not defense of a third party. The laws are braindead, period.

@Rich177 What about “Thou shalt not kill”?

@WilliamFleming exactly. Imaginary, illogical, especially considering god killed more people than the black plague.

@WilliamFleming, @Allamanda the study of another mans imagination

@Allamanda work/productivity is absolutely necessary, slavery is not. The logic of the ancient peoples? Maybe not so accurate?

@Allamanda logical thinking can lead to an inaccurate conclusion. Ever chess?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:506041
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.