Agnostic.com

5 2

Why do most people all over the world think of Mother teresa as a saint

dermot235 7 June 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because they are ill informed and willfully ignorant.
The woman was scum, yet was held up as a poster girl for all of the RC's most filthy doctrines.
A money grubbing friend of dictators and monsters, had she still been alive today she would probably rupture herself trying to simultaneously climb up the Arses of Trump, Putin and Kim Jong-un

People think that because they take her (carefuly orchestrated) goodness to heart, and swallow the myth. That's very typical of the religious.

I read Hitchen's The Missionary Position quite a while ago and it turned my disdain for her turned into a feeling requiring stronger words. I would not have wanted to be one of the people she "helped" in her missions.

Lauren Level 8 June 16, 2020

I don’t think she deserves sainthood. There’s evidence she wasn’t even a good human.
Missionaries in general, I don’t agree with. They all have done damage beyond comprehension. IMHO.

Propaganda. I believe she denounced ‘JC.’ I’ll respect her for that, ‘followers’ will worship the propaganda..

Varn Level 8 June 16, 2020

I have yet to find a faith based charity that doesn't somehow require acceptance/adherence to their belief in order to receive benefits. I deplore the religious ministries that disguise their indoctrination and agenda behind good deeds.

I agree. And then there are the BAD deeds they do. Telling people in Africa that condoms and contraception are evil on a continent that is struggling with AIDS. Giving Free education to children and then sexually abusing them and hiding and protecting the abusers. Opening hospitals that refuse to give women the reproductive rights they are entitled to.

@dermot235 The horrors that have been afflicted by humans toward their fellow man in the name of religious belief and the resulting sociopolitical agenda, now, that right there is the singe biggest threat to peace on Earth that we face today. IMHO

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:506636
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.