Agnostic.com

2 0

Lest anyone think I’ve ever disagreed with Vermont Senator, Bernie Sanders…

The mechanisms of power must be in place before our nation can implement these necessities. Sanders entered presidential politics to introduce them, millions agreed - it’s (past) time … but the mass of ‘America’ needs brought up to speed before we get there. Biden now - Sander’s aspirations ASAP ~
Varn 8 June 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

the mass of America ever being up to speed is folly. the mass would just have to catch up later. but don't worry, Biden is not the type to upset the apple cart. people don't really want to vote for him they just want Trump out.

People have already voted for Biden, that’s why he’s become the Democratic nominee for President. As for the mass of ‘America’ … let’s see how they perform come November ~

@Varn i believe votes for biden are more votes against the chump, not enthusiasm for joe. the mass of America probably won't even vote.

@hankster ...trump wasn’t on the ballet when the mass of Democrats voted for Biden. But come November, the nation will vote against trump, and more ‘in the middle’ will feel comfortable voting for Joe than they would have Bernie. trump’s duck soup.

@Varn yes I think he's going down. it's about time.

I noticed Bernie has very shiny dentures. Bernie never says anything new. All is recycled, has been discussed before. Making laws is one thing, but changing attitudes is another. We have tons of laws against illegal immigration. Are they really enforced? I don't believe passing another bill by Congress will change police behavior.

Bernie belongs in the Senate, though I don’t think he’s as successful there as Biden was.

A complaint I had with Obama was his reluctance or refusal to ‘take it to the streets!’ ...when shut down by the Republican Congress -- to break out of the ‘presidential box.’ I’d envision Sanders doing that … and in doing so, suffer a fatal heart attack.. Both are too old for two terms.

Sanders’ band of anarchists and ultra liberals had lost support from their previous run. They may not have flipped the Senate, and definitely not held it. If the bulk of Democrats show up (along with some seriously disgusted republicans) - and vote for Democrats - Biden will have Congress and the Presidency.

Obama once had the same, and lost it giving ‘us’ a path to single payer health care… After he was elected, the Republican Propaganda Machine had a target (two, if you count Hillary) ... did what they do, and killed the nation’s progress. The same may happen again, but we may get two years forward..

@Varn I agree with you. I never agreed with Bernie as a candidate, his policies, his rant and even his desire to run for president. He had nothing in him to be president. Agree that Biden has been a very successful senator for decades and he was taken seriously in the Senate.

I loved Obama as a candidate - both times. I took days off to celebrate voting for him with my young daughter. I drove around, visited many campaign offices, voting places and took photos for memory, bough memorabilia in both campaigns. But he was terribly disappointing as president both times. Except for the Health Care bill, he was mostly a lame duck president, so timid of the white Republicans. He did nothing for race relations. He rode on the anger against the 8 years of Bush-Cheney's excesses of the Iraq war, looting, arm twisting, religious interference in the government etc. Obama capitalized on all of it in the campaigns but just gave in to powerful Republicans. I do not remember any time when he fought hard openly like Trump has done. Obama was busy being nice to the Republicans by appointing them as ambassadors, in his cabinet and other positions. In the end, he admitted openly that the Republicans treated him like a dog. Trump has delivering to his constituents consistently - no matter how low the popularity goes.

Obama did nothing about:

1. Who looted billions of Dollars that were paid in cash and could not be accounted for in Iraq
  2. What happened to CIA agent Valarie Palme's outing by Cheney? Why limited scope was given to the special prosecutor to begin with?
  3. Investigate why Saudi rich families were allowed to leave in a special plane immediately after 9/11?
  4. Why other countries' arms were twisted to vote for the US resolution against Iraq at the UN?
  5. Why did Collin Powell lie at the UN?
  6. How did the CIA get all information wrong? CIA the well funded powerful arm of the most powerful country?
  7. Why and how many state and local resources were diverted to Iraq against the requests of governors leaving them resource dry

Obama let me down seriously for sure. Obama is overly celebrated. He did not deliver to its voters. I have no special love for Biden either. He is fully entrenched in to the Washington insider politics for decades. There is no hope that he would change anything.

@St-Sinner I remember a description of Obama growing up, navigating ‘America’ as biracial, and becoming a ‘conscience seeker.’ I’m sure he wanted to start clean when taking office, felt bush jr had shamed himself (worst president to that point), and allow the Republicans to help him move us forward … always treating them civil. They, obviously, did not reciprocate..

With six years to raise ‘Hell’ … all I remember of Obama in the meantime was attending various performances at the White House.. with Michelle -- they looked magnificent! ...but were no threat to the Republican powers.. If he was as disappointed in the nation as he had the right to be after it let him down in 2010 - he should never have run for a second term. Hand it to Hillary - let her fight!

What I found with Obama, someone I campaigned against to the end of his primary run against HRC (until voting for him when it hit my late state), was an inspirational speaker, not a fighter, and, lacking the depth of political connections in Congress to move it’s ass when necessary. A young, charismatic, 1st term Senator, who my female democratic activists swooned over … while ignoring ‘their opportunity’ for a female president.

...Eight years later - they had a new love ..an older man.. with more radical aspirations … but a far lesser chance of becoming president. But, they were all over him! … yet again abandoning HRC.. Amazingly, what I noticed within our female party leaders was ‘Hillary envy.’ Shocked the shit out of me! - they were not about to vote for ‘some other woman’ as president … yet apparently wanted to retain their ability to whine about ‘a glass ceiling.’ So they moved on to ‘Bernie’ 😕

Beyond what I assume is an ‘open (southern) border’ attitude with Sanders … I agree with his aspirations.. But those necessary to approve such aspirations are not in office … and if so, would need to be in overwhelming numbers.. The nation is not ‘Vermont,’ Bernie is ~

@Varn Very good. Agree on all counts. Nobody doubts Obama's honesty and sincerity. I was arguing that he was just an inefficient and lame president who did not deliver to his voters (except the Health Care law in 8 long years).

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:506902
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.