Agnostic.com

7 5

A Brief History of Religion

Gatovicolo 8 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sums it up.

Just think of the countless volumes of books and papers written trying to explain religion, and here it is fully explained in a six panel comic strip. Brilliant!

Yes.. The first atheist!☺

Makes perfect sense. Atheist pretends rock is a God thingie so when someone opposes atheist and their pretending they can have apparent justification for bashing someone in the head with a rock.

It explains why like 99% of so called Christian's are lying atheist.

@Word you got it backwards.. The atheist is the one being bashed by the rock...

@Cutiebeauty the one being bashed by the rock knows that the rock is not a "real" god thingie

@Word yes, ...

@Cutiebeauty cartoon doesn't indicate the "blasphemer" is atheist just that it knows "it's a stupid rock".

@Word but you said...

Atheist pretends rock is a God thingie

@Cutiebeauty pre·tend
/prəˈtend/
Learn to pronounce
verb

1. speak and act so as to make it appear that something is the case when in fact it is not.

The atheist is the one pretending the rock is a God thingie.

@Cutiebeauty the "blasphemer " KNOWS it is not a "real" God thingie, because it is a stupid rock

@Word

"The atheist is the one pretending the rock is a God thingie."

Seriously? Atheists don't believe in "god thingies".

@Cutiebeauty there is a difference in "believe in " and "pretend"

@Cutiebeauty take for example infamous illogical atheist Jim Jones. He used "religion" to get people away from "religion " then killed them.

@Word how about we try this again..

there is a difference in "believe in " and "pretend"

@Cutiebeauty many illogical atheist do pretend worship by giving sarcasm worship to the non-existent flying spaghetti monster sky God.

@Word why focus on illogical? What does that get you!

@Cutiebeauty it's not about getting me anything. Its about getting illogical atheist to think freely. Hello people!!! You really do exist, you can believe in yourself.

Cartoon Not good on facts. Defined historically for about 2000 years - Religion ... pure and faultless is this: to help widows and orphans in need and avoiding worldly corruption. James 1:27

What does bashing some in the head with a rock have to do with helping widows and orphans while avoiding worldly corruption and why call it religion to bash someone in the head?

Word Level 8 June 25, 2020

Defined by a religion that is anything but "pure and faultless."

The believer didn't have time to preach about cutting off your hands and ripping out your eyes if they tempt you to sin, or killing everyone who is not a believer. And that same religion states that all unbelievers will be tortured for eternity in Hell.

Matthew 5:29-30 - Deuteronomy 13 - Revelation 21:8

@nogod4me You do not understand my point. Biblical text is not a religion. People that read or have read biblical text are not being religious.

Biblical text, in part, purports in what is called the old testament that it was the laws of what is still now called the nation of Israel. The nation of Israel as a government, to my knowledge, no longer specifically uses the "law of Moses" to govern the people.

What now then modern Christians do is use the biblical text for, because it is in written form, is to learn from but not that all such laws of the old testament are considered modern usage. Also, you could understand that the "laws of Moses" being the former laws of the nation of Israel would be out of Jurisdiction to specifically use or enforce them in such a place as United States of America. Many Christians would say "out of context" when such an illogical atheist as yourself would conflate things from biblical text such as you have done citing Matthew, Deuteronomy and Revelations. As many Christians are not aware that according to biblical text that Jesus would be angelic lord of host Lucifer the devil, they are also not aware of how to explain a difference in "out of context" and "out of Jurisdiction."

But then, that leads to an understanding that such as what has been considered prophesied in something as the book of Revelations is now being brought about with the Masonic Lodge secret religion racist devil worshipers and their establishment of the mark of the beast-666 which is about identification for taxation and government control. Establishment of the mark of the beast-666 metaphor for requiring identification for taxation and government control began by requiring birth certificate, social security card and photo identification.

@nogod4me The Latin term religiō, origin of the modern lexeme religion (via Old French/Middle Latin[2]) is of ultimately obscure etymology. It is recorded beginning in the 1st century BC, i.e. in Classical Latin at the beginning of the Roman Empire, notably by Cicero, in the sense of "scrupulous or strict observance of the traditional cultus". In classic antiquity, meant conscientiousness, sense of right, moral obligation, or duty towards anything[3] and was used mostly in secular or mundane contexts.[4][5] [en.wikipedia.org]

The use of the word religio is a lot like the modern word RESPONSIBILITY. Those that take responsibility for their actions, and other such things to be responsible for in a moral way would be what being religious would be about.

Religion as stated above "was used mostly in secular or mundane context".

To use the word religion, as most illogical atheist do, by implying it is a religious thing to give sarcasm worship to the non-existent flying spaghetti monster sky god does not follow with the original or evolved meanings and usages of the word religion.

@Word How do you spew such confusing nonsense without getting embarrassed?

You need to write a book, I would love to see the reviews.

@nogod4me I have published 2 separate books to be specific. No review needed.

@nogod4me let me try to help you out. You said, "...spew such confusing nonsense ..." refering to my information.

You then are the one confused because you cannot sort out or understand the information. Typical of an illogical atheist.

How then could I attempt to assist you?

I could offer this logic: Rather than for you to spew ad hominem fallacy attacking me, why don't you address the information that you are confused about. For example, you could state or repeat the confusing information back to me and ask for the specific confusing part to be better clarified.

This would be the start of a logical discussion and it might help you to remove your illogical atheist thinking so that you could begin a life of free thinking.

con·fused
/kənˈfyo͞ozd/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
(of a person) unable to think clearly; bewildered.

il·log·i·cal
/i❤ˈläjək(ə)l/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
adjective: illogical
lacking sense or clear, sound reasoning.

With out sound reasoning (being illogical) a person is then confused.

@Word I didn’t say it was “information,” I said it was nonsense, that is why it is confusing. You seem to be a Christian in self-denial using a combination of the “Gish Gallop” (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Gish%20Gallop) while cutting and pasting irrelevant nonsense to try to make a point about several things that have no actual bearing on the subject.

You don't actually want to understand or communicate a coherent idea, but to just spew nonsense. Since you like Bible verses, here is one for you. Maybe you should take it to heart:

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion." - Proverbs 18:2

@nogod4me nice information on Gish Galloping, but I am not gishing..

As to biblical verse on understanding verses opinion, yes I can formulate and give an opinion. Where as I SEE it with my observation ability of UNDERSTANDING, I have made statements of my observations not specifically stating opinion.

Again, you want to call it nonsense and go into all this distraction that has nothing to do with you pointing out specifically what is nonsense or not understood by you.

@Word You never told me the titles of the two books you published, and who is the publisher?

@nogod4me I never said I was going to tell you.

@Word First of all, It is called the Gish Gallop, not gishing. Gishing means something else entirely.

Gishing:

The act of expelling gas from ones anus directly into anothers anus, for the purpose of erotic pleasure.

[urbandictionary.com]

Maybe I can guess the titles of the 2 books:

Illogical Atheist Finds a Who
The Illogical Atheist's Tale
The Adventures of The Illogical Atheist

Let me know if I'm close.

@nogod4me nope not even close. But if you ask around, s few of the regulars here on agnostic knew my other profile name. I had my own chat room discussion about the book. illogical atheist on here wanted to block me because of their illogicalness so I no longer have access to that screen name or chat room.

However, I'm sure you remember the titles. Tell me and I will look them up on Amazon, since they have been published. Don't be shy, others need to read your stuff.

@nogod4me consider this, "There is good and there is evil." Now, go write your own book.

@Word I would need a publisher, what is the name of your publisher, I may be able to use them also.

@nogod4me kdp.Amazon.com

Close

bobwjr Level 10 June 25, 2020

It doesn't explain the creation of religion but it does explain the justification it often provides for crimes against humanity.

That's about it, for sure !!! 😄

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509271
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.