Agnostic.com

4 2

History of a Racist Nation.

GipsyOfNewSpain 9 June 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sure wish there was a vaccine for the scourge that is system racism in this country.

Of course we want the vaccine! Working at Planned Parenthood, I occasionally encounter a rabid hater who mentions that Margaret Sanger held some views which some people regard as racist. I try to remind them that this was DECADES ago...times and viewpoints were different then. BUT...the benefits of Planned Parenthood today are indisputable.

So, too, are the vaccines invented since this horrendous miscarriage of justice was done!

Gipsy...do you want to expose your children to polio? How about cervical cancer? Smallpox? Pertussis? Measles? I've seen people in India and Africa (just for example) whose lives are horribly impacted by childhood polio. Do you imagine their parents would have refused vaccinations, if they'd had the option?

Sure wish there was a vaccine for the scourge that is system racism in this country.

Atrocious past but we need vaccination, mostly white volunteer are doing it

bobwjr Level 10 June 28, 2020

i will pass... you go ahead.

yeah, I do. I work in a hospital and I've worked in clinical research and I know this study is the reason ethics standards were established in medical research. Nothing even close to this would pass the standards now.

You go ahead... I Repeat I won't even accept Money from trump. PERIOD!!!!

@GipsyOfNewSpain the vaccine isn't from trump. Its being developed by private companies, several of which are not American companies.

@Emerald wow, hilarious... you think that is reassuring information? It is 1000% NOT. The medical mafia in this country don't give a rats ass about collateral damage or how many people they harm...AND
THE MEDICAL MAFIA HAS NO ETHICS AND DOES NOT UPHOLD THE HIPPOCRATIC OATH.

If the Hippocratic Oath were honored in this country 90% of the medications in heavy use in this country would have to be taken off the market.

primum non nocere...

first, do no harm

there is NOT a single doctor in this country that upholds the Hippocratic Oath

Go ahead, prove me wrong!

PS. I believe in the fundamental principle of vaccinations. I do not believe there is a medical organization in this country that can produce and distribute these vaccines ethically

@Alchemy have fun with your big pharma conspiracy theories. I work in a hospital with many physicians who are focused and driven to do the right thing by their patients, as do I, as a nurse practitioner. It is not my place to name them here, but I would trust my life and that of my loved ones to any of these physicians. I have also fought hard for my patients when I disagreed with a doc on a treatment plan, and they have learned to respect my judgment. First, do no harm is not a joke to me or my colleagues. We practice this.

@Emerald

I am not a big pharma conspiracy nut. I am a woman who worked hospice as a social worker and has literally watched hospice nurses give lethal injections to patient after patient.

I have also seen thousands of patients - some worked with professionally, others known on a personal level - who have developed horrific, disabling side effects, died, or wished they had died due to the corruption of our pharmaceutical industry and the HMO act, signed into law by Nixon as one of his last acts of betrayal of the American people. This shift in laws turned the whole US medical profession into parasitic leeches living off of the lifeblood of the citizens of this country. It gave the typical doctor more incentive to keep their patients sick than help them get truly well.

If I am so wrong, why am I sitting here blinded by a doctor who was supposed to help me.

I why am I in the hospital dying from an antibiotic resistant bacterial lung infection?

And WHY is the general life expectancy for US citizens dropping like a rock, drug induced dementia skyrocketing, and state after state putting in laws to protect the cosseted, unjustly lifted to demi-god status, medical doctors in this country from the rightful consequence of their incompetance and lack of caring.

Please note MY references of this being a US only issue. As a world traveler - from the UK to Costa Rica - I have seen competent care offered in other countries which testifies to the truth of my statements.

Our definition of "do no harm" is obviously worlds apart.

Further your need to denigrating and insult me on a personal level, pulling out the old "conspiracy nut" wheeze - says more about your complete inability to provide a meaningful answer than it does about me, my reasoning, my experience, or my beliefs.

It also supports my claim that you cannot find a single provider that upholds the truth of the Hippocratic Oath.

@Alchemy you used the term "medical mafia" so yeah, I do think term is used by conspiracy theorists.. You saw nurses giving lethal injections? Please explain why you did not report this to proper authorities. The life expectancy is plummeting in the United States because Americans have become horribly overweight and have all the lifestyle diseases that accompany obesity. This is well documented and can hardly be the fault of physicians. I am also a world traveler, but that doesn't cause me to blame physicians for Americans' deteriorating health. If you were blinded by a doctor, by all means, sue that doctor. But blaming all physicians for the actions of a few is no different than blaming all black people for the actions of some violent protestors or blaming all police officers for the violence of some. I never used the term "nut" but if you think that my using the term "conspiracy theory" actually negates my ability to name a provider that follows the hippocratic oath, you are making a herculean jump in logic that makes no sense to me. There are good and bad people in every profession. Im sorry you were harmed by a bad doctor. But the doctors I work with take good care of our patients, as do I. Your rage stroke isn't going to change that

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:510198
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.