Agnostic.com

7 3

One thing that always bothered me, and is one of the myriad of reasons why I left Christianity, is the “my God never fails” bullshit. I’m always hearing this, and it is firmly believed by the Christian zombies. Well, the reason why your god never fails is that you never let the damned thing fail.

1. You pray; you get what you prayed for. God answered your prayers.
  2. You pray; you didn’t get what you prayed for, but got something that works for you. God knew what I really needed.
  3. You pray; nothing happens. Either you need to pray more or God doesn’t think you need it.
  4. You pray; bad things happen. Either God is testing you or he’s working in some mysterious way that you don’t know, but He knows what’s best.
  5. You don’t pray; something good happens. God blessed you.
  6. You don’t pray; bad things happen. Either you’re not living right, God is testing you, Satan is attacking you, etc., but still God knows what is best.
    He never loses because they give him any chance of loosing! It’s all so logical to them too! Gah!
    My brain usually tends to work logically, though it is known to go weird sometimes. Lol. So I slowly drifted away from all of that. Nothing was making any sense, and it didn’t make sense to me that it made sense to them. Lol
OnlyAGhost 5 July 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Stop capitalizing the word god.

I was just speaking from their point of view. My bad.

Never saw it charted out like that, well done. A lifelong Atheist, I’ve definitely heard descriptions of each of those ...outcomes. Total BS 🙂

Varn Level 8 July 3, 2020

Sorry. I do complain too much about all of this, but I am constantly seeing it with my christian family and friends.

The great thing about god is, that since it does not exist, you can endow it with any properties you want, or put it in any packaging you want. The ultimate advertisers dream, no actual product to get in the way of the claims.

yeah I saw a facebook post today that said "God gives us Peace" and I answered. "and kills us with a virus."

lerlo Level 8 July 3, 2020

It's in God's hands LOL

God answers all your prayers. Sometime the answer is no. That's the ultimate lame excuse. Blind faith is blind.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:511686
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.