Agnostic.com

4 1

USA hypocrisy?

USA interfering in Chinese politics? How could they after the Russia - Trump accusations?

Textbook foreign meddling? US govt payouts to Hong Kong ‘civil society groups’ revealed after funding freeze [rt.com]

FrayedBear 9 July 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Our country was founded on hypocrisy and that thread of hypocrisy runs deep in our government's dealings and in our society in general. This I believe is why so many nations and their peoples don't really respect us.

Real respect is earned it is not a right owed : something many people these days do not understand. They have been indoctrinated by religions, political ideologies, feminine/eco/gay nazism and a raft of other 'ologies' designed to entrap the stupid (Do read
[en.wikipedia.org]

These are Cipolla's five fundamental laws of stupidity:

1. Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.

2. The probability that a certain person (will) be stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person.

3. A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.

4. Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid individuals. In particular non-stupid people constantly forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances to deal and/or associate with stupid people always turns out to be a costly mistake.

5. A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person.

Corollary: a stupid person is more dangerous than a pillager.)

I don’t see a link to that alleged Time article. When I google I get nothing.

I believe this may be it? [time.com]

@Lauren Thanks. That is an article about Trump NOT giving funds to the Hong Kong dissidents. How does that translate into meddling in Chinese affairs?

I’m to the point of not believing anything I read.

@WilliamFleming Yeah, it was the only Time article I could find that included the quote from the RT article, so it appears they used it very broadly. I think Time and RT are not necessarily tight sources.

I try not to believe anything I can't cross-reference from multiple centralized sources, and selectively at that.

You probably need to subscribe to Time - [time.com]

@Lauren thanks Lauren for clearing this up.

@FrayedBear You're welcome, but I just found the source, not necessarily the resolution.

Classical do as I say not as I do, political double think

You're not a big fan of America are you? RT is pure Russian propaganda. Vladimir Putin is the modern Stalin.

If you allowed yourself to see beyond the US indoctrination that you have been fed all your life you will see that your views are the result of indoctrination not shared by much of the world. The only answer so far has been to attemp to annihilate those not sharing your psychotic self belief of grandeur.
Interestingly the US society is now busy turning in on itself attempting to self destruct. Much of the world applauds such behaviour.
Do read
[en.wikipedia.org]

These are Cipolla's five fundamental laws of stupidity:

1. Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.

2. The probability that a certain person (will) be stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person.

3. A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.

4. Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid individuals. In particular non-stupid people constantly forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances to deal and/or associate with stupid people always turns out to be a costly mistake.

5. A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person.

Corollary: a stupid person is more dangerous than a pillager.

@FrayedBear US is an imperfect country. It's currently being run by a terrible president. This president aligns himself with dictators like Bolsonaro, Erdogan, Kim Jon Un, and your buddy Vladimir Putin. I'm not indoctrinated by negative news outlets like Fox News, Brietbart or Russia Today, the official news agency for Russian Federation. You like to link to RT, don't know if you're indoctrinated. You're no better than someone sharing disinformation from any other propaganda disseminating false information for the purpose of advancing a political agenda. In this case the political agenda of Vladimir Putin and the RU. I don't underestimate your stupidity in the least for regurgitating talking points..

@barjoe Sadly your indoctrination & cognitive disonance seems to prevent you from not being stupid.

@FrayedBear First of all the premise by RT that US foreign policy has challenged China regarding Hong Kong is false. Trump is making false claims about China's role in creation of Coronavirus. That's self serving to shed blame for his own failure. As far as Hong Kong basically they've said nothing. Russia leads the world in nothing. It's an oligarchy with GDP smaller than the state of Texas. They are good at disinformation. They spread throughout the world on multi language platforms for the purpose of creating chaos. They They have been incredibly successful because of stupidity.

@barjoe Joe you really do have a problem thereport is based upon something published by Time magazine which, correct me if I'm wrong, is a USA based & run organisation nothing to do with Putin or Russia! You are in denial it seems.
@Lauren even kindly provides with the link to the Time article. Are you going to repeat your Russia/RT assassination against Time? [time.com]?

@FrayedBear Nope. I'm fine with Time. It's an independent news outlet. I have a problem with RT. It's a state run propaganda machine.

@barjoe All it has done is repeat what was published by Time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:511834
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.