Agnostic.com

8 3

I have always feel that I was denied a life. The reasons for this are numerous and go back to my birth which was kind of an accident. I have been on this planet for 62 years but I feel like every time I try to succeed in anything things out of my control prevented it. I guess I keep looking for some sort of reason but I guess they’re just isn’t one.

Dead 5 July 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You're continually complaining about your situation and usually angry when someone tries to offer advice that they think would help.

Many of would like to be helpful to you but our efforts seem to always meet your disapproval. It appears you plan to leave the site. I hope you find something to help You.

People who suffer deep depression live in a different reality. Advice from this world doesn't make sense in theirs. I don't think she's resisting. I understand because I often get trapped in that world.

I can tell with further search that: You have enough education to type a post. You have a internet link. Enough health to sit at a computer. You have connection to a global site where you can encounter many other people. Those are really big gains, which put you ahead of ninety nine percent, of all the people who ever lived.

@Leslie00 I am sorry about your pain. My mother had long term constant pain for over ten years, and although we never really got on, it was hard not to have sympathy when she had to go through so much.

That's your subconscious!!!! You can only break through with repetition. Right now your thoughts that you stated are solidified in your subconscious and your subconscious obeys your command.

Every second of conscious awareness is an awesome, miraculous gift, full of joy and promise. Nothing needs doing, you’ve got everything.

@Dead When I was sad someone gave me a copy of Help Yourself to Happiness by Dr. Maxie Maultsby. It was a life-changer for me.

Our feelings result from our thoughts. If you think negative, judgmental thoughts you’ll wind up depressed, lonely and miserable. That is because your subconscious mind has no discrimination—it takes every thought as literal.

The book teaches a simple mental exercise for analyzing what you’ve been thinking and installing truth into your subconscious. Do those exercises and you’ll instantly feel a thousand percent better.

I wish for you the very best in happiness and love!

So you are the only "accidental" birth, ever? You lost me at the first whine......I can pretty much guarantee my first 63 years were way tougher than yours, but wallowing in it is just a waste of the years you have left! Get some counseling...low-cost or even free is readily available!

@Leslie00 "get some counseling" is what you Should be hearing!

hello! sounds like some rough luck. it gets old. what they say is you got to keep getting back on that horse. I don't know who they is but I wonder how many times they've fallen off.

@Leslie00 its up to you of course, I don't know you. and i am certainly no expert on these matters but it sounds like you could use a visit with a pro. a counselor or therapist or someone who does know what they're talking about. like I say it's up to you if you want to improve your outlook or circumstance.

Maybe you're measuring success in the wrong way. If you looked at things differently you're probably more successful than you give yourself credit for.

@Leslie00 Is that him talking or you talking? You have a roof over your head. You have a husband, many people have nobody in their life. When you wake up to a new day you have a lot to look forward to. Life is good.

@Leslie00 I'm alone all the time. I don't have a job right now. Am I a failure? You might think so, but I hope my life is worth living. You have someone with you 20% of the time. If he was around more he might get in your nerves. We all need time to our selves.

What’s the measure of success? Around a year longer.. I’ve found the pursuit plenty gratifying. I also remember a time in my late twenties when I determined, not playing - is the only way to win. It frees you to follow what you find & feel are important … not a competitive and confused society..

Measure yourself against no one, and proceed from there. Granted, it can be damn lonely.. But you’re free, answering only to yourself, if that 🙂

Varn Level 8 July 5, 2020

@Leslie00 I’ve found those steeped in religion to be hollow friends at best. Gravitating toward my interests leads me toward honest friends. Not a lot, but most often Atheist or Agnostic. Between developing and following my own interests, however seemingly insignificant to others, and occasionally meeting up with that sprinkling of honest friends, there’s enough going on to keep life interesting ..and me feeling as though I’m progressing and productive.

I’ve read some kind advice above, others care, but can only suggest. Stick around, and get angry with us 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:512505
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.