Agnostic.com

7 1

In tune to my earlier post about Nordic mythology and racism...

[theatlantic.com]

What are your thoughts on the Asatru movement?

VineetHonkan 7 July 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am reluctant to dismiss any religion as harmless. Look what happened while we were ignoring the kkkristian hordes - they took over our government and now there are kkkristian prayers before every public meeting.

I would be more interested in how you think they have any effect on anybody or anything, except of course when someone's Mom bakes them cookies for their basement meetings.

I regard them as harmless, or at least a lot less harmful than the three Abraham’s religions, however if I was one of the number practicing this newly resurrected old Norse religion,I would be seriously worried about the Neo-Nazis of the extreme right infiltrating them and misrepresenting what they stand for.

So long as they don't come knocking on my door or trying to pass self serving laws, I could not care less

Brilliant! More of the pre-Christian traditions would be good to embrace.

Hope they thrive!

I hope those Asatrus are not going to start making human sacrifices as did their ancestors.

Asatru is news to me. What symbols did they use?

variations on this triskelion

@LenHazell53 Hey now buddy...there's only one Triskelion out there, and it's the planet where Kirk, Chekov and Uhura become gladiators...lolol...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:512564
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.