Agnostic.com

7 6

Going for the COVID test tomorrow morning. The eye surgery is on Friday morning, the hottest day of the week. I wonder if I get a Pirate eye patch to wear.
That and the mask should make me properly prepared to rob a bank! (most female pirate images look like pole dancers from a Rumanian night club)

Spinliesel 9 July 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My best wishes go with you....keep us updated. I’m sure you’ll look very fetching channelling the pirate look! Hugs...🤗

Thank you.

Best wishes and may Karma be on your side...

Good luck, it's a metallic patch held on with tape

bobwjr Level 10 July 7, 2020

Yeah, I know. I am getting the eye patch with my own money!

Best wishes on the surgery

Thanks, Lorajay

Best of luck to you, great attitude.

You could maybe bring your own, microwaved for sanitation! Ya gotta find the whimsy in this shit!

My grandfather had cataract surgery when I was a young girl and it horrified me so much that I considered it the most horrible kind of surgery I could have. I just knew I wouldn't be able to lay there while they did that to my eye.

Fast forward 45 years and I've had four of them: two detached retinas and (thanks to those) two cataract surgeries. They've all surprised me with how smoothly they went, and how little it bothered me psychologically or physically. I mean, it's still surgery, and you still have the apprehension about complications, but my other surgeries have entailed much more complicated recoveries.

So I'll be crossing my fingers, but trusting that your surgery will be just as smooth, and that you'll look way cool in your eye patch. Just be a good patient and obey when they tell you to rest it and lay flat, or whatever, for as long as they say. 😉

Thanks, Lauren, I had all those surgeries as well, years ago. Learned to lover Versed, the amnesia drug, just the thing to have when the surgeon sticks two iron rods into your eye and then gives you instructions while he operates. This one coming up is a new procedure for me. The cataract surgery follows when the cornea is healed. I have high hopes that I will be able to see through both eyes soon.

@Spinliesel Ugh! I hope the Versed worked well. I can understand your apprehension after something like that. Hopefully they'll have continued to improve on procedures since then, and you'll have that good vision soon. Did they say how soon you'll be able to use the eye?

Did you have to send 1 week on your belly after the retina surgery? I did. My really cranky personality came to the forefront!

@Spinliesel Oh, I bet! I was GREATLY relieved that I only had to do it for three days, and then on my back for the rest. I believe it had something to do with where the tear was located on the retina. Oddly, it was in practically the same place on both retinas. I hope you don't have to do that again.

@Lauren For sure not. Friday's operation is scraping and sanding down of the cornea in my bad eye to remove the calcium deposits. Then, at some later time when my eyeball has healed, we'll do the cataract surgery. Currently, the surgeon cannot see into the eye to measure the replacement lens. This is all so fascinating if it wasn't happening to my eye! But I can barely see out of it now, so anything will be an improvement. Onward and upward!

@Spinliesel It is fascinating! My doctor was very good about communicating while doing the procedures so I'd know what she was doing. It still kind of blows me away that we can do all this with eyes, but I'm tremendously grateful. Hopefully it will be over before you know it. Or at least feel that way.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:513178
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.