Agnostic.com

1 2

No I do not believe in God or organized religion per se. I think both were created to give a man a reason to live a good life. Apparently people needed some sort of a threat of hail in order to behave In a responsible and supposedly loving way. We shouldn’t need some sort of invisible entity to make people treat people well. But that is what religion was created for. And it certainly seems that people in this group who have shown religion at all so she and the human values that are present and necessary in this world. Go ahead and say what you want about me I know I have done nothing wrong but you about attacked me. Which makes you hypocrites.

Dead 5 July 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I see your point, but there is an inherent hypocrisy in people claiming to be religiously good people if they need to be threatened with Hell or cajoled with heaven in order to behave in that way.
Many religious people are even then not good people, they use religion to feel superior and "in" the right circles. They pay only lip service to the principles of their faith and ignore them when expedient.
An actual good person is good, they need no reward or threat to be so and sorry to say but most genuinely good people are not religious at all.
This is especially so in Christianity, since when people actually take the time read the bible they find the teachings there in are for the most part terrible and the good bits come with exceptions and provisos.
The real reason religion was created was for power, control and money, nothing else it was certainly not to be a moral guideline, it was not make people treat one another well because the first thing it does it teach you who it is okay to hate, unless they convert to believing the same thing you do.
ANd you are wuite right we do NOT need some invisible entity to treat each other well and a lot of us have discovered the only people saying that are those benefiting from selling that Entity to silly people on a regular weekly babsis.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:513774
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.