Agnostic.com

2 2

What part of we don't want you here don't you get?

[huffingtonpost.ca]

Canadians Say ‘Keep It’ To U.S. Congress Calls For Reopened Border
A bipartisan group of United States politicians is pushing for the U.S.-Canada border to reopen.

But Canadians are having none of it, and they aren’t sorry they feel this way.

In a letter this week shared by New York congressman Brian Higgins, 27 members of Congress called on the U.S. and Canadian governments to begin a phased full reopening of the border when the current agreement expires on July 21. Restrictions on the border were first introduced in March, and have renewed them three times over the course of the coronavirus pandemic.

“We are asking that the United States and Canada immediately craft a comprehensive framework for phased reopening of the border based on objective metrics and accounting for the varied circumstances across border regions,” the letter’s authors wrote......more....

Lilac-JadeCanada 9 July 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Glad you’re up there, do stay ~

Varn Level 8 July 12, 2020

The border will have to be reopened eventually. The Northern border states have flattened the curve. At this point it's states along the southern border that are hotbeds. That's a fact.

barjoe Level 9 July 11, 2020

Yes, EVENTUALLY, but not until you get a better handle on this damn thing, or you get rid of that prick in Washington!
We are so fed up with the US getting their own bloody way & now you'll murder the rest of us given the chance, to get your own way.
Time you were brought off that pedestal you've been on for centuries!.

@Lilac-Jade Yeah well this government is trying to open everything too soon. I sure hope we get a new president. I think if Biden gets in Trudeau and him will get along fine and handle this responsibly. If Trump gets re-elected, America is going to be a very scary place. The border will still open eventually. It sounds to me like you don't like Americans. Well in spite of our problems I'm damn proud to be an American.

@barjoe Unfortunately, many of you will be dead by then.

@Lilac-Jade 350 million people down here. There still will be a few proud Americans left. Hoser

@barjoe Well we sure as hell don't want you proud people coming here with your baggage.

@Lilac-Jade I like Canada but I won't go back. Every time I've gone, the border guards are complete assholes. I'm always very polite and cooperative but these guys are just nasty. I can spend my money somewhere else. So you don't have to worry about me. I'll say this, once I got across the border, Canadian people are awesome and the country is beautiful. It's a shame.

@barjoe Well so many US people are so arrogant & snarky with wanting their rights in OUR country, it's no wonder the border people get fed up to the teeth dealing with them every 10 minutes.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514536
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.