Agnostic.com

3 0

This forum has great many number of Aamerican members. America, being the world leader has remarkable numbers of secular, agnostic atheists and its ever increasing. This phenomenon suggests some day the whole world gonna turn into atheist

Helios 4 July 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I understand the Scandinavians lead the USA, and Iceland has put religion on the list of recognized mental illnesses. So, no, other than Covid cases, we are leading nothing, still...

I don't know about atheist but definitely secular. People seem to need something to believe in, even if it isn't a major religion. I think we are stuck with beliefs and religions but I also think people are realizing more and more that facts should lead, not personal beliefs.

AmyLF Level 7 July 13, 2020

Very well said

People need something to show other people what they believe in. It's about gaining acceptance in the social group.

@BitFlipper Honestly depends on the person. Social religious groups are louder, that doesn't necessarily make them higher in number, just more noticable. Either way when religions fade, others tend to take their place. Whether or not it resembles the old is another story.

We’re headed in the right direction in the USA, if lagging behind Europe. I suspect this virus will have a lasting effect on the young, remembering forever how no god lifted a finger..

Varn Level 8 July 12, 2020
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514729
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.