Agnostic.com

3 2

When debating with Christians in regards to evidence, the following is vital to know: They will always (in their minds) look down their nose at you when asked for evidence of God's existence. See, their rules of engagement are opposite to ours.

The reason is this: their relationship with God is based on the antithesis of evidence: FAITH. They are instructed in Hebrew 11: 1 & 6 that faith itself is the only thing needed to have a relationship with God, and be accepted by him.

So, they'll dance the dance when debating with us (and waste our time), but their underlying motive is to have us seek God BY FAITH ALONE. It's the rules. Scripture says God only reveals himself to the faithful.

It's more effective to ask them to explain their faith than it is to play verbal volleyball on issues of evidence. Make it personal, cuz it's for personal reasons they believe in the first place.

Anyone seeking truth will eventually find it. That's why I engage...

Hominid 7 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Last Christmas we were invited for dinner with a bunch of other folks among whom was a guy that had really come up in the local Baptist Church as was now assistant Pastor. He started proselyting and me being the @#$ that I am, told him I would be glad to have a Bible study with him as long as we only used the Bible, starting with Gen. 1: 1 and without using any other of his church literature. Other people at the table were all excited about it and he set a date but alas he was a no-show. Don’t let them set the rules.

gearl Level 8 Nov 25, 2017

I like how they say faith doesn't require evidence, but are so quick to see the virgin mary shaped burn on their toast as proof.

I never debate with others about their faith/beliefs. I don't see the purpose. It is more important I examine my own thoughts

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5148
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.