Agnostic.com

2 0

If you could overthrow your government, or any particular government in general... what kind of system would you replace it with?

I've been asked this question (hi DaveBA5150) in response to my introductory post. (https://agnostic.com/post/5040/i-have-just-signed-up-here-so-i-wanted-to-make-a-post-in-the-hello-section-its-a-long-way-from?words=) I was advocating anarchy in principal but only libertarianism in practice. The fact is that without rulers we would have to come up with an alternative, hence Dave's question:

If you could overthrow your government, or any particular government in general... what kind of system would you replace it with?

Skepticus 5 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Iā€™m not ready to give up on what we have now even with its problems. Those founding fathers were pretty smart. I hope we can get back on track.

gearl Level 8 Nov 25, 2017

My short answer is that it's not specifically for me to answer. That's not a cop-out as it may superficially seem. We should all be responsible for participating in the democratic process as far as possible and IMHO that participation dosn't go anywhere near far enough. Deciding how to build a new system of democratic order itself is something we should all have a hand in. A huge part of the problems in the existing system is that it begs for preemptive cut and dried solutions, to be outsourced and provided by some elite ruling class called politicians. We as a community are collectively copping out of those decisions which are ours to make and not the individual advocating anarchy, (remembering that this means 'no rulers', not 'no rules'šŸ˜‰.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5149
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.