Agnostic.com

6 4

Unsurprising yet still depressing news. 😔

“New report says coronavirus pandemic could last for two years – and may not subside until 70% of the population has immunity”

[cbsnews.com]coronavirus-pandemic-update-two-years-70-percent-immunity/

Apunzelle 7 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember something about it possibly having mutated again recently. The current antibodies showing up are different then the first reported cases back in January. Given that it went from animal to human to human to human infection in record time it wouldn't really surprise me if we never catch up with the immune response we need to catch it.

In this case Herd Immunity means enough people die so that 70% of the survivors have immunity. Always remember: Natural Selection is all about death.

Seems that it may never be possible to be immune long term.

It looks like Herd immunity is the only plan for the US at this stage unless all states do another 2 month Lock down. To get Herd immunity means losing 2 million lives. That's a high cost to pay. Trump has blood on his hands

I hope they'll either be a treatment or a vaccine. Herd immunity will take too many lives with it.

barjoe Level 9 July 13, 2020

Uh, goody, because ihave yet to see one reliable study stating that getting it gives immunity, only things with Conjecture that it acts like the flu....(like this article). Anybody had flu more than once?!!?

Right?! We’re still learning so much, and then what we’ve learned turns out to maybe not be 100% accurate, so we try again. 😒

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514975
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.