Agnostic.com

5 0

Favorite famous Atheist?

Heathenguy34 4 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Madalyn O’Hair, and her First Family of Atheism, (honest) Jon, and Robin ~

They inspired and enlightened me … enough to have named a child after one of them 🙂 They remain alive in many..

Varn Level 8 July 18, 2020

No one favorite, but many! I used to love to look at lists of famous atheists, back when I was new to the internet, and finding my voice speaking out about religious oppression. It made me feel I was in good company to see how many celebrities, noted authors, others, who were quoted as saying some very thoughtful comments in regards to their lack of belief in deities.

Many come to mind, but I dare not list them as I'd forget a few hundred for sure. They all have helped to build my confidence by way of validating what I had concluded for myself years before.

Isaac Asimov.

Sir David Attenborough, who since 2002 has been actively working to counter the rise of the “Intelligent Design” movement who are trying to promote the inclusion of this ideology in the school curricula in the UK. When asked about religion he is quoted several times as a stating that he has never had a religion, and that “ It never even occurred to me to believe in God”.

I did not realise that the Stupid Poms had started trying to shove the absurdity of (un)Intelligent Design into the school curriculum. I must look into their efforts. They need to realise that they are making themselves look extremely foolish.

@anglophone No..it’s just a group who are trying to get it included...they won’t succeed. The UK is becoming more secular, I’m pleased to say it’s going in the opposite direction to the USA.

@Marionville I found them, in Wales. As with Dave Allan reserving his harshest snarks for Catholicism, I am equally snarky about foolishness in the Mother Country for exactly the same reason.

Thank you for sharing your observations about them - you are closer physically to them than I am.

Madeline Murray O'hare!

barjoe Level 9 July 17, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:516326
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.