Agnostic.com

5 0

Fighting for marriage thats dying on her end supposedly. Worth working towards??

Imthatguy79 3 Apr 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, I think it's worth trying if you're both willing to put in the work. For the sake of your child/children, I think it's worth fighting for as hard as you can.

Why does she think it's dying? (I'm asking rhetorically) I think the answer to that question might help you decide whether it's worth working towards. It sounds like something you guys should have a deep and open discussion about. Sometimes that's not easy for people to do. I agree with AmyLF's suggestion for counseling, if your wife will agree to it. Sometimes there are misinterpretations about actions or things that are spoken. A counselor may be able to ask just the right questions to find out what's going on and offer advice. If your wife is not interested in counseling, I'm not sure there's a whole lot you can do. I'm sure you already know that one person can't love enough for two. I'm sorry you're going through this.

She has trust issues, always has. Im always home, bills are paid, I spend time with my son, help clean. My last profession had me working almost 60 to 70 hrs. Love life is dead, unless she drinks. And yes she agreed to to seeing a councillor but not sure what its going to fix. Every time shes had any real issue, break up and divorse is her answer.

Hmmm.. Trust issues are a really hard thing to deal with, they're hard to let go of and not project forward into other relationships. It sounds like she has some of her own problems that may not even be related to you and perhaps could benefit from counseling just by herself (in addition to the two of you together) Maybe it would help her figure out why the answer for her is to run - not stay and try and fix things. At least she is agreeing to go. My ex refused to go (he didn't want to discuss our problems outside of the home with someone else - he just wanted to ignore there were any problems, or that he may have been responsible for some of them - ultimately the marriage ended) If it were me, I would try the couple counseling and see where it goes. If nothing positive comes from it, you will at least know you did everything you could to save your marriage.

Only you know. Honestly. Dying isn't quite dead yet. Have a serious conversation. Get couple counciling if you need a mediator. If the love is there and the want to work it out is there, then do. It's worth trying if you both want to sort it out. If not, if the other person is really ready to let go, you really can not force it. Let it go. You have to have a very sirious, calm, collected conversation about it though to know for sure.

AmyLF Level 7 Apr 7, 2018

Sometimes you gotta say fuck it.

It always seems like it, until it doesn't.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:51750
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.