Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK Jewish doctors in Nazi-occupied Poland stopped an epidemic in its tracks. Here’s how. | Live Science

Over 400,000 people crammed into 1.3 square miles in 41 were able to stop a typhus epidemic, but a huge country with many resources in 2020 can't seem to get a grip on it. 🤔

altschmerz 9 July 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

um, typhoid is a bacteria?
interesting though, that we call either one an "infection," hmm

@altschmerz well, allopaths subscribe to what is i guess known as an Outside model of "disease," although there is prolly a better term for it, but iow "disease comes from being infected," rather than "disease comes from lack of immunity" or whatever. So we then, trusting our doctors, adopt this deficient model, and believe ppl who will not live as long as us--doctors--for our health advice? "dead doctors don't lie" eli wallach, i think is his name.

but there are differences in viruses and bacteria, although i guess some similarities too, but i don't think one can become immune to typhoid--as the article outlines, typhoid was controlled by better practices, yeh?

The sign says "Entering OR Leaving is strictly forbidden."

mischl Level 8 July 25, 2020

It's a shame they survived the epidemic of typhoid only to be wiped out by genocide.

barjoe Level 9 July 25, 2020
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:518703
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.