Agnostic.com

3 6

Bloody summer in Mojacar. I really don't know why people flock here at this time of the year.
In the past week:-
Humidity has been up to 90%
The temperature has been up to 38 degrees. (100 Fahrenheit)
The temperature has NEVER been below 30 degrees, even at night. (86 Fahrenheit), and that was only once!
Normally, at this time of year I escape to cooler, Northern countries like England, France and Switzerland, but I'm stuck here awaiting a cararact operation and then 4 week follow-up.
The damned virus doesn't help, either. I'm thoroughly bored and unable to work.

Petter 9 July 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As I’m American , and we truly stink at geography, I had to look up the name of your city . I live not far out if Miami. It’s darn tootin hot and humid here. But I love it. I guess we all have our own internal thermostats , with different comfy settings. I grew up with snow and ice. I’d much rather sweat then shiver .

ALeigh Level 4 July 27, 2020

I, on the other hand, grew up in Kenya. (Right on the equator, and therefore neither as hot nor as cold as places 30 degrees North or South of the equator.)
When I visited the Arctic circle, and beyond, I loved being able to sit having a picnic, surrounded by ice and snow! (Wouldn't want to live there, though. I prefer 12 hours light, 12 hours dark every day of tha year.)
I don't mind heat (I actually enjoyed being in Fresno - that's in California by the way 🤣🤣 - when at midnighr the radio announcer said "Good news! The temperature has just dropped below 100. That day had been 115 degrees, but humidity was low. Florida is too "sticky" - just like Mojacar in August.
Parts of Kenya, like Magadi, can rise easily to 120, but humidity is ultra low.

Hang in there Petter. Look at the bright side, you could be stuck in the Bible belt right now.

Lived in Alabama for 26 years . If you are still there . Bless your heart and get the out as fast as you can .

We are all bored and unable to work, its getting to be a club with a lot of members.

I don't know why people rush to the Med in summer either, I always go south in winter and early spring to escape the cold to somewhere warm. Why go somewhere roasting hot when its nice where you are and then sit and shiver all winter, I can't understand it either. And if you do go to the Med in late winter early spring, thats the best season for wildlife and plant growth after the winter rains, there are fewer crowds, and the natives are relaxed with more time. Humans stuck unthinking in cultural conventions, perhaps, you take your hols in summer because that's what your great grandparents did.

I imagine work and school schedules have something to do with why they flock in the summertime.

@Lorajay And I guess you have to spend Christmas at home. I like to get away from that especially.

@Fernapple Americans may someday make real holidaysout of holidays.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:519161
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.