Agnostic.com

5 2

When you try and speak truth to people, this is what you are up against

dermot235 7 July 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That’s what The Fairness Doctrine was there to stop. Given the public airways to tell ‘America’s’ Deplorables what they want to hear - and not forced to grant equal time to an opposing opinion - is mainly where that shit comes from..

The Internet is another… It’s the reason I diligently attempt to counter such ignorant propaganda. The whole world’s watching - with the free, civilized nations shaking their heads sideways... We’ve come to a relatively slow boil, though.

Varn Level 8 July 31, 2020

I agree. We need to revolt against Facebook and Twitter. They have become a platform for FAKE news and spewing hatred and division. I refuse to have a facebook account. I never will unless they change their ways. And I don't think this wil happen without a mass boycott by progressive minded people

@dermot235 I’ve watched progressive friends ..my age.. go back & forth on facebook… Not of the ‘twitter era,’ I’m OK there.. I’m afraid it’s bigger than both of those, though.

My only hope, and I wouldn’t put much faith in it, is that ‘after trump’ - our nation will stay alert! ...that just enough of us will see through the continuing lies and distortions to keep from handing everything (Congress & the Presidency) over them again.. But when the bad guys have the riches & resources, enough to research, create and distribute slick lies, it’s damn difficult to combat 😕

With ‘around here’ as an example, perhaps the best are on top of it … though what catches my eyes if often ..from the worst..

@Varn It is difficult. But we have to try. If it was not difficult it would not be important

The cult mind does not care about reality, truth, education, science, or anything but their beliefs. If allowed, they will destroy themselves and anything else grasping for their beliefs to manifest.

People murder daily, and parents allow their children to suffer and die needlessly, all because of their beliefs. Imagine the power if you could control what people believe. Cons, politicians, governments, religions, and corporations all desire to control your belief, because people will sacrifice everything to have its manifestation, even if it is imposed upon them and against their personal and common good.

"Religion is not a matter of God, church, holy cause, etc. These are but accessories. The source of religious preoccupation is in the self, or rather the rejection of the self. Dedication in the obverse side of self-rejection. Man alone is a religious animal because, as Montaigne points out, it is a malady confined to man, and not seen in any other creature, to hate and despise ourselves." Eric Hoffer (author of The True Believer)

You've hit the nail on the head

Another salute to Biden. Who are we celebrating?

"Part 7"????!!!!!!! Aaarrrgggghhhhhhh!

Lol... everything Trump said is the truth. But it is very easy to pick clips and make one sided video of anybody.

Here is our favorite candidate Mt, Biden.

You have never, ever misspoke? Especially after days of crap food & strange hotels? Noooo, not you......

These are Gaffes. They don't show that Biden has a view of a subject like history that is filled with ignorance. There is a Big difference

@AnneWimsey
Certainly never as Biden did and does and I never ran for president. If our standards are so low, we should not blame Trump.

@Fred_Snerd
The funny thing is we call Biden good and Trump very bad. If we said, we know Biden is terrible but I will vote negatively against Trump, I would understand. If post Trump videos, we should post Biden's too. This platform has become a Trump bashing platform. I don't like Trump but this platform is not about logic, reason and or being sensible. It has become as radical as any on the right. We have become a mirror image of the right-wing that everyone here loves to hate. We think we are better than them but we are not.

@Fred_Snerd
That would be a big expose... 🙂 Lol

....and this has..

...what to do with trump's Deplorable......?

@Fred_Snerd
Yes, it is all two theaters on this platform - Leftist Fanatics and Rightist Fanatics. Each theater fans clap and laugh whether their actor is good or not. Real good or bad does not matter here.

I have rarely seen any objective analysis of any candidate here yet. That is just illogiocal on the platform of self-professing logical people, isn't it?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:520389
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.