Agnostic.com

3 2

The perils and pitfalls of “doing your own research” about COVID-19 (or any other science)

Ethan Siegel at Forbes argues that you “must not ‘do your own research.'” While the title grates, Siegle is correct that most of us are not really capable of “doing our own research” about most scientific and medical questions because we lack the necessary background. We must therefore be humble and be very, very careful about “doing our own research.”
David Gorski on August 3, 2020

[sciencebasedmedicine.org]

SenorRotten 7 Aug 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It can get even harder in some cases. In my own case, I have the symptoms of idiopathic reactive hypoglycemia, which symptoms have been verified by no less than four independent doctors. The issue comes with the current state of medical research, in that there is as yet no common agreement between researchers about the time delays between food consumption and any subsequent hypoglycemia, and the levels of blood glucose to be used as a definition of hypoglycemia. Even two trained endocrinologists scratched their heads at what my body is doing. Essentially, I am on my own with this condition, and I need to train all relevant medical and ancillary staff that I encounter in any hospital.

Or doing any research on anything, particularly using the internet. It's all about looking for reliable sources, no matter the subject matter. The big problem with some people is that they never even think to wonder if a source is reliable.

Before8 buy or ingest anything recommended by drump, I will seek therapy, ASAP.
Otherwise, Google it!
And please do so Before posting anything as well?!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:521238
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.