Agnostic.com

10 14

Well I made it. I retired. I had to cancel my two week trip to norway. But I am retired. I never expectednpr anticipated any retirement where i couldnt travel. But I am alive . And if i am l lucky i can see that cheeto jeebus go to jail. Have to have dreams.

Bigwavedave 8 Aug 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Congratulations! I’m so jelly πŸ₯°

@jewelee65. When do you get to retire?

@Bigwavedave I’m 55 so hopefully by 62. That’s my plan anyway😜

Congratulations, very exciting. Too bad about having to cancel your trip to Norway, next year! In the meantime, you could travel in the US (just be careful).
I got real lucky and took one of my dream trips to New Zealand in early February before things got crazy.
Again, lots of nice places to visit in the US, start researching it and enjoy your retirement!

AvisG Level 4 Aug 4, 2020

Congratulations...on joining the officially idle! Sorry about the cancelled trip to Norway, I had to cancel my trip there last year due to family problems, and then I planned to go to a concert in Oslo this November. This was cancelled due to COVID and I’ve just heard it’s been rescheduled for April 2021...nice to have something to look forward to. Maybe you can rebook your trip too when all this dies down.

Who are you calling idle? lol Many people I know are busier after retirement then ever. Our biggest problem seems to be able to say no to all the request for volunteers. Tomorrow a small group of us are going to start to remove the old putty and add new putty to a 100 year old school house our Historical Society Museum owns. A contractor estimated she would charge $15K for this job (lots of window panes)

@marionville... I hope so, but when? Fall 2021? I fear I will lose mybmind by then.

@Bigwavedave No you won’t...can’t believe the time has gone so fast even in lockdown! March to August has just flown in.

Congrates, you will I am sure find worthwhile new adventure in retirement, no mater what.

Welcome to the world you worked for your entire life but thanks to the trump virus you can't go anywhere.

@glenlab you got that right.

Congratulations! Now, you get to decide who you want to be for the rest of your life!

Congratulations on your retirement. I hope you make it to Norway soon. It is a beautiful welcoming country. It's also very costly but worth it.

I’m going there in April 2021... the concert I was going to in Oslo in November has been rescheduled. Something nice to look forward to next Spring!

@lorajay I am prepared for that! I went to Iceland last year!

@Marionville are you still going to norway next month?

@Bigwavedave No...the whole tour has been rescheduled for a second time...the Oslo concert won’t be until May 2022 now! They won’t be restarting it until January, but I’m glad because at present we can’t travel outside of our own countries, even inside the UK...foreign travel isn’t even on the horizon yet! Actually May in Norway is almost a perfect time to visit, long warm days expected at that time of the year.

Enjoy your free time πŸ™Œ.

@pralina1 hope you are safe in this mess.

Thank you. πŸ™‚

Congrats on retiring sorry about trip

I can live with one trip. Feels like a two year covidiot prison. But hey . I love wine. I dunno. You?

@Bigwavedave yup

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:521360
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.