Agnostic.com

2 1

hi everyone! its been 2 years since i posted something here.. i just wanted to post and wish everyone a good day.. thanks.

Basem 7 Aug 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hello, nearly a founder member.

hello πŸ™‚ hope you're doing well

@Basem Thanks, I am nearly a newby but finding it fun here.

@Fernapple it is fun to find people who share the same broad thinking style with me.. and its a pleasure to meet you πŸ™‚

@Basem Thank you.

Well...thanks. Why not pop in more often?

i joined i. 2018 i guess and i was active for sometime, but due the proxy issue that this app can not be reached where i live, everytime i wanted to log in i had to use a vpn service which i am using now.. so this slowed the desire to log in more often although i enjoy atheistic views being an atheist my self.
anyway, i will try to pop up more and share my thoughs, thanks.

@Basem I enjoyed seeing Amman...and all that I saw of Jordan. Is it risky to be openly atheistic in your country?

@LucyLoohoo thank you, and i think yes, it is not welcomed by the majority of people to announce atheism. some less cultured suburbs can murder the atheist for having him accused of refusing the true divine teaching of islam.
people who know me know that i am an atheist but i don't walk around advertising it. however, if someone starts praising religion and glorifying the deeds of muhammed, well i have my way to shut them up.
religion, allah, jesus, you name it should all go away to trash of history...

@Basem That was my impression of the Jordanians I saw/met. Amman might be more accepting but, out in the country....it looked fairly conservative. Some day, I'd like to spend the night in Wadi Rum...preferably on a full moon!

@Basem You're absolutely right about putting religion into history's trash heap! BUT--don't you think that some people absolutely NEED religion?

@LucyLoohoo nobody needs religion if they are tought facts about human evolution and the fact that even religion and god will not protect from sickness and death and that we all need to work hard to earn our living unlike the ignominous work of joel osteen!
but to reach that we need to open our minds are learn. and i don't think people are ready to learn because they're lazy.. sitting around passing judgements.

@Basem My use of ''need'' means so many people are afraid of events beyond their control that they imagine a big sky DADDY to look after them. They ''need'' a deity to explain the complexities and the often "unfair'' elements of life.

@LucyLoohoo i am fully aware of this issue. but like i said before. once educated, god is not needed. however, i don't think its that easy to educate everyone and to expect that same smart response from everyone..

@Basem And education is the issue, isn't it?

@LucyLoohoo it is.

@Basem Bertrand Russell said "β€œIt is one of the defects of modern higher education that it has become too much a training in the acquisition of certain kinds of skill, and too little on enlargement of the mind and heart.” Consequently, it's possible to have educated idiots.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:521683
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.