Agnostic.com

10 8

I love the question, are you single by choice or cuz no one wants you? Living in the Bible Belt is Wreaking havoc on my dating life!!!! The ones I want, don’t want me....and the ones that want me, I don’t want.... sooooo, I’m single by default! 😂🤣💔

lilCindy 3 Aug 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm single because I'm bat shit crazy.

That is a crazy person to say that to your face. They must have been sociopath.

Yup impossible where you are

The Bible belt definitely shrinks the dating pool for atheists and agnostics. Age for women definitely shrinks it as well.

One thing about those church goers when a man becomes a widow there is often a casserole line to his front door.

I consider myself picky. Otherwise I could be having an affair with 2 or 3 married guys I know or being a very subservient companion to a guy I like to dance with. Neither option appeals to me at all.

Same here in HSV AR. I'm older, but very fit and still enjoy a sexual life. Been told I look and act more like 55 by a lady whom wasn't even asked. Unfortunately she is quit religious. Need someone within 50 mi. of Hot Springs Village AR.

Reminds of a line in a poem I wrote years ago :
" The ones I do want go away ... the ones I don't want come and stay ! "

Wow, that's rude to suggest that "no one wants you" wow! I have plenty of suitors that want me, but I don't want them. Better to infer that maybe you haven't found the right match.

For me, while I'd love to have a partner in life who gives me joy, so far I've only found partners who give me grief. So, rather than waste any more time searching, I've decided to be happy on my own, and so far that is working well for me. I miss someone to enjoy special times with, but thankfully I have a few friends to share those times with, since I don't have a special someone.

Maybe I'm single by default, because I want to live my life my way, not someone else's way. I prefer to be independent and make my own choices, not have to compromise my happiness for someone else.

I think many single people, maybe even most single people, are single by default. It gets much worse the older one gets.

Made a big move. The choice appeared to be: live where I want to, or live where there’s far more potential to ‘find someone.’ Arriving where ‘I wanted to be,’ I searched, even fell in love.. Something told me to hold back, glad I did.

Now, I live where I wanted … alone, but at the moment, sincerely smiling 🙂

Would you flip off that switch of desire, if you could? That’s long been my question of myself. So far, no, I’ll leave it on, just in case…

Varn Level 8 Aug 5, 2020

I'm always reminding myself that it could be worse.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:521739
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.