Agnostic.com

10 3

With this corona virus going on, what needs to happen for you to feel good about going back to work and or school for your kids?

Cutiebeauty 9 Aug 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1. Get the turd out of office as imperative.
  2. The rest will come easy.

Since I live on an island with currently zero confirmed active cases, it would take strict rules taken seriously.

This means to me :

1. Investing in large quantities of the rapid testing such as what was developed in South Korea which gives results in 2 hours.

2. No travelers allowed to the island without a dual rapid testing system, once before travel and once 3-6 days into their stay, with mandatory quarantine in between, at a facility/hotel where breaking quarantine is not possible, whether by geo-fencing or other solution.

3. Close the loophole of travelers being able to quarantine with other household members who have not traveled and therefore are free to interact with the community. Solution being to require traveler to go to a hotel to quarantine, or have the entire household quarantine with rapid tests before and after.

4. Continued mask wearing in public indoor spaces, social distancing provided by stores and restaurants, with plenty of fresh air flow.

5. Option for students/parents to choose between online and in-class learning, depending on family situation and quotas for class size in person, giving plenty of space and fresh air to classroom learners/teachers with PPE. (We are lucky in Hawaii that open air classrooms are easier to achieve than cooler climates.)

6. Limits for gatherings, since I'm in the wedding business, I like the super small gatherings, with plenty of social distancing.

A unified federal plan to stop/limit movement for a particular set time nationwide would have helped early on in the pandemic, but I fear it may be too late for that.

The key to me is huge quantities of rapid testing made available for use in situations where appropriate. Take the guessing and fear out of the situation and keep strong protections until a person's health status is known.

Our little island has taken the virus seriously, and therefore have had very little problem.

We are lucky in that we have a moat around us, with the Pacific Ocean a natural barrier, but our super low case history has also made our island a desired place for escape from hot spots. Those travelers sometimes break quarantine - and promptly get arrested - we've caught 60 quarantine breakers already.

We are serious here. Don't come if you don't intend to quarantine. Making rapid testing available to travelers would help keep our island safer yet, and allow us to open our visitor based economy.

Thank you for such a complete and thorough answer🙂

nothing has changed for me. in fact it's far better

I would not allow my children back in school this year. I would take the time to home school them. Unless they're working on their masters or PhD, I could probably keep them ahead of whatever level they would be at in school.

A vaccine

If you want to feel good about sending your Kids to School at the Height of a pandemic then you need to be a Trump supporter so you can embrace all the Lies Trump tells about how great the US is doing. Feeling good about going back to work would depend on how seriously your Boss is taking Covid19. Will they let you work from home if you can. Are they taking social distancing and mask wearing seriously. If they do everything they can then feeling good about going back to work is possible I think

People have to wear masks and take this things seriously without politics. That's all it would take to make it much safer and make me feel safer. I kind of feel somewhat safe anyway but that would help a lot.

If I had kids, there is NO FUCKIN’ WAY I would let them go back to school. No.....goddamn.....way. These days it’s a pretty safe bet that if Trump and his Mickey Mouse club want it, the opposite is what’s best.

I agree 100%

That my sons and grandson stay safe

I think we will need a vaccine that works before all will return to pre-pandemic normalcy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:522085
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.