Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Joe Biden's thoughts on policy - YouTube

Any system that produces this as a serious candidate for anything, requires some serious thought from it's supporters.

"This shits got to go." - Jacque Fresco

SCal 7 Aug 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gee and I thought you were going to offer a serious discussion/interview finding out Biden's insights on a range of inportant topics...
What was I thinking?

You weren't!

Does not exist.

@SCal No, quite the opposite.
You sometimes seem wise, sometimes like a child...and this is grown-up time. You children (figuratively) have had your fun, now it's time for the adults to send you off to your naps.
There are serious ISSUES in the world which need to be addressed--pick one: climate change, overpopulation, the proliferation of pandemic viruses (potential), militarization, etc.--and we can do longer afford to delay the day of reckoning.
The American people have indulged themselves with an orgy of isolationist oversimplification of a very serious Cascade of problems coming at us like an avalanche. And YOU want to 'discuss' his stuttering? Trump misspeaks every day, constantly; where's your compilation? And what does it have to do with anything anyway?
So put away your toys and take your nap--the adults have serious things to talk about.

@Storm1752

Pretty much one of the most unintelligent, uninformed posts i've read from you. Seriously.

There is absolutely no overpopulation problem on Earth. If every human on the planet stood on their very own 1' x 2' plot of land; every human on Earth would fit into a geographical area the size of the twin peaks, first.

Second, as it stands humans currently only inhabit only around 10% of the Earth's surface. That does not include oceans and major bodies of water.

So now that you have been educated, will you change your world-view outlook? Probably not, because you have an infantile perspective from western public school miseducation that you are married to, probably forever. Not sure.

Meanwhile, you want a government who is also the worlds #1 polluter, predominantly with it's military, to somehow fix what you perceive as the Earth's pollution problems. Not smart. Then you call the over-militarzed government "isolationist" when it is actually imperialistic having more than 80 military bases making it, by far, the worlds largest military base operator. Also, not smart.

I could go on picking apart your incredibly myopic and politically driven post and thought process; but of course you're here to look smart. You probably do seem smart to really stupid people, and there is no shortage of that here.

As you were. Hope you learned something. Doubtful, but one can hope.

@SCal See? Exactly what I'm talking about. I'm here to look smart. Really?
For the record, I'm not 'smart.' okay? Let's just get that out of the way. If YOU think I'm smart, thank you. Appreciate it.
Forgive my sarcasm, but I'm glad to hear overpopulation is not a problem.
(Hang on...I have to turn off the red alarm bells...there we go...)
Anyway, you disappoint me. If you don't think our problems are actually problems, there you go. A denier. A paradox. Nothing really to talk about.
I guess then you think the people calling them 'problems' are really the problem.
And why would they be saying it? To turn the world back to a pre-industrial society? Why? I like electricity too, ya know.
What exactly in your opinion is the 'leftist agenda?'
I'll tell you what it is: to re-empower the lower classes and bring about a more egalitarian society. That's it.
So put away your Objectivist Ayn Rand misconceptions, or elsewise consider yourself exposed

@Storm1752

So you call me child-like and, "you children" and then feign shock when the ad hom gets slung back in your direction?

See?

Get the f ()ck out of here.

@Storm1752

I explained the mathematics of so-called overpopulation.

All you have to do is look past the politics, which you have failed to do up to this point. What makes me think you will listen to reason when you have clearly not researched past rhetoric?

Several top scientists and scholars have posited the carrying capacity of the Earth at somewhere in the hundreds of billions of humans, witn a lifestyle of abundance far greater than we currently enjoy.

You simply lack imagination and creativity. Which are signs of intelligence.

@SCal The 'mathematics' of population? Okay, so how many humans, in your opinion, can the world accommodate? 20 billion? 50?
Do you have a ready explanation for all the environmental degradation...or is it degradation at all? If you want to deny it, then why are people even bringing it up? I have an open mind...why is the Great Barrier Reef dying? Why the mass extinctions? What's the liberal agenda? In your mind, what are we up to? I'd appreciate it if you could articulate it in reasonable, non-inflammatory terms.

@SCal But WHY are some people claiming, then, there's a problem at all?
200 BILLION?
Wow. But what do we do with all the wild animals? Do away with them? Except for zoos? Rain forests? Golf courses instead. 200-story apartment complexes?
What's the ideal? What do you envision? Seriously! I want to hear it.

@Storm1752

Humans should live in cities, many on and beneath the oceans; while allowing most of the Earth to go back to nature.

The answers are in Resource Based Economy.

I would start here:

@Storm1752

Then here:

@Storm1752

Last:

@SCal You haven't answered my question: why is the left claiming these things if they're not true? What's their motivation?
Please answer the question. I think I already know what you're going to say but I want to hear it from you.
As far as the Venus Project is concerned, I'm all for it. Sounds perfect. I think all progressives would agree.
BUT there has to be a bridge between here and there
Let's use an example: if Bernie had said, let's go with the Venus Project, and people looked it up, how many do you think would've taken him seriously? Almost nobody.
You and I are fairly 'enlightened' and it makes perfect sense to us, but how many others feel that way? Practically nobody.
That's why we need a bridge.
Go Joe.

@Storm1752

I am under no obligation to answer any of your questions. What's in it for me? In fact, I read the first sentence, yawned and typed this response.

Enjoy your child sniffing master.

Go Joe? Now who's child-like?

@SCal Well thanks for telling me about the Venus Project...I'm now subscribed their newsletter.Go ahead and insult me.
Maybe I deserve it sometimes. I'll just keep being me anyway.

The best advantage of Biden is he is running against a more incompetent guy. Biden is also totally unfit for president.

Both guys have serious issues. Clearly, the system that produces and promotes them is the problem.

@SCal
Incompetent voters will get incompetent leaders.

So, who would you prefer to appoint the next 2-3 Supreme Court Justices?

@AnneWimsey

1. Neal Katyal, Deputy Solicitor General of the United States
  2. Rep. Katie Porter (Calif.)
  3. Cory Booker, US Senator
  4. Richard Boulware, a judge for the U.S. District Court in Nevada;
  5. Jane Kelly, who sits on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit;
  6. Cornelia Pillard, an appellate judge for the D.C. Circuit;
  7. Carlton Reeves of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi.
  8. Michelle Alexander,
  9. Bryan Stevenson
  10. Vanita Gupta, who led the Obama Justice Department's civil rights division.
  11. California Attorney General Xavier Becerra

I understand that preventing Trump to pack the SC with more conservative assholes is important but my fear is Biden will lose. My comments are about how bad a candidate we keep picking. First Bernie, then Hillary, then Bernie again and now Biden? Is that the best we can do after Trump experience and for the highest office of the land?

@Fred_Snerd

Lol.
Born into an authoritarian regime?
Which one?

@Fred_Snerd
The U.S. is an authoritarian state now?

@St-Sinner I didn't ask for possible candidates, I asked if you would prefer Drump or Biden to nominate whomever.....

@AnneWimsey

I will hold my nose and hope it would be Biden but... Biden and shoot-in-the-foot progressive voters who choose Bernie and Biden are doing a good job of dashing that hope.

@AnneWimsey, @Fred_Snerd
I do not think the U.S. is authoritarian yet.

@St-Sinner I never meant to imply that.......what did i say that gave you that idea?

@AnneWimsey
I didn't say you said that. I am saying I hope Biden would get to appoint the next SC judges but my hope is dim.

@St-Sinner Hang on RBG!

@AnneWimsey
I have been hanging on since 2016.... I saw the ridiculous opposition of Congress Democrats. Everything they touched failed and came out looking more ridiculous than they were before. Trump just became more powerful. Our leaders have been let down for own voters. They cannot lead, they cannot succeed and they don't fucking get the hell out of Congress. I might go independent one day. The ridiculous extremes on both sides is not working for me.

@St-Sinner What is WRONG with people like you? Joe's a 'seasoned pro,' a million times more intelligent than Trump keeps bragging, and a good candidate. He's far from incompetent, and for your type to keep saying so is not only inaccurate, it's irrelevant. Where does he stand on the ISSUES?
That's the important thing.
I'm sorry he's not a demogogue, for your sake. Trump was (hopefully) an aberration--well, most Republicans these days are aberrations--and Joe will restore some sense of sanity, at the very least.
I have high hopes.

@Storm1752
He may have been politically seasoned in his mind and in your mind. As people are seeing day after day, he is unfit physically and mentally at this stage. He cannot talk straight, mumbles, stumbles, stutters while talking, looks frail, walks very slowly to podiums. You will see everything, yes everything wrong with Trump and not anything wrong with Biden. I think Trump is going to bulldoze Biden in every debate. Biden's weaknesses are well known and Trump's opposition research is ready to pounce on him. You'll see when Trump starts attacking, Biden will start getting foam around his face unable to form complete sentences. He cannot do prepared speeches properly, how will he compose impromptu responses when attacked? Trump was really hoping to have Bernie to easily destroy but Biden will as as easy.

You are under an illusion that the election will be about issues. It has never been about issues. American Presidential elections are personality contests. How candidates perform not who and what you are matters about them. Good opposition can make a saint look like a trash can in election campaigns. It is ruthless. It not the good against the bad. It is about who looks smart, and convincing that goes on to win.

Do you know how many good candidates were destroyed because the opposition was smarter? Gary Hart, John Kerry, Al Gore, John McCain... to name a few. Biden compares pale in front of them.

@AnneWimsey Anne it truly is hopeless talking to them.

@St-Sinner RBG is Ruth Bader Ginsberg, duuuuhhhh

@St-Sinner, @Storm1752 OMG he thinks drump can form complete sentences.......

@AnneWimsey
I am saying Biden is a worse candidate. Trump is bad but Biden is worse.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:522381
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.