Agnostic.com

9 0

. . . what sets a man on his road to Damascus?

thundergod 5 Aug 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It was the realisation that I had been systematically lied to by my elders and so-called betters about their favourite fictional gods.

Not me...isn't that in Syria? One of many places on Earth I shall not tred

The Greek takeaway is closed and it’s the only to get hummus and pita bread for the wife.

An expensive, once in a lifetime, Pauline experience themed adventure trail. No 4x4s or mobile phones allowed.

A holiday in Syria

Google Map Search?

birth

skado Level 9 Aug 8, 2020

I think sudden, overwhelming trauma, tragedy, or hardship is what typically leads to such pivotal change. But, also, those who are discontented and seeking meaning sometimes are preyed upon by others to join religions or cults or advocacy groups, etc., quickly leading to a deep devotion to something they feel gives them purpose. I think it's unlikely for someone who is content with their life and without excessive stressors to have a major shift in perspective, values, or life goals.

. . . thank you

I'm thinking really good pizza, it has the nearest laundromat, or love.

Oh pizza! That's what I need!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:522713
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.