Agnostic.com

4 3

I was a Christian. Christianity, as a religion, crashed and burned because of many reasons...
Some of the key reasons (in my opinion), are:

1. The 'crazy' behavior of the Old Testament God - he was a violent, blood-thirsty God who was easily angered.
  2. Christianity's inability to deal with the problem of pain and suffering - I believe that all religions have failed in properly addressing this issue.
  3. Jesus left for Heaven (we don't know if he actually did that or not) and has yet to return; his disciples clearly lived their lives expecting his imminent return.
    There are many more reasons but these are the ones I want to put out there today.
Green_Soldier71 7 Aug 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

all very true

Well done, hello and welcome.

Christianity is alive and well. Jesus maybe dead but Christianity is alive. Trump was elected by them.

But why do you stress yourself. Leave it behind and live the good life of a freethinker. Don't go back to that shit.

Yes but was Jesus, if he existed, a Christian?

@Fernapple
Was he? No, It was the greatest Lie Ever Sold.

@Green_Soldier71 My thought exactly. If there is any truth in the NT, then it is basically the story of a primitive moral philosopher in a backward country, who is killed at the request of a corrupt religious establishment for questioning it, and how the cult which follows is gradually absorbed into and redirected by the religious establishment to its own ends, probably loosing most, if not all, the original philosophy along the way.

How recent was this crashing and burning? If this is a relatively new thing for you, take heart! It gets easier.

@Green_Soldier71 Hindenburg, nice original metaphor.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:523165
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.