Agnostic.com

3 2

Neato ...

Here's How Exploding Stars Forged The Calcium in Your Teeth And Bones

“Up to half the calcium in the Universe – and that includes our bones and teeth – is thought to come from exploding supernova stars, and researchers have now been able to get unprecedented insight at how these ultra-rare, calcium-rich supernovae reach the end of their lives.”

[sciencealert.com]

Apunzelle 7 Aug 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Damn critical thinking!

Light can come from sources lightyears away. Can matter—atoms or molecules—escape the gravity of their origins to start similar journeys through space to our galaxy, solar system, and planet?

The electric universe model says matter that reaches earth comes from our own star.

IMPORTANT WORDS: ". . . IS THOUGHT TO come from exploding supernova stars, . . . ."

Science requires evidence. How was evidence obtained?

@EarnestEccentric Thanks for your comment and the wikipedia link.

I’m skeptical about the on line magazines cited in posts here. They seem intended for people who, though interested in science, have not studied enough science to know the scientific method and what it requires.

I see you and I have joined the Physics group here. Its originator appears to have lost interest in it. Hoping to stir interest in that group, I wrote a post there and included a link to this discussion.

Like milk for the universe.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:523187
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.