Agnostic.com

3 0

Belief in organized religion is an insult to morality and rationality. Are people naturally evil such that they need to be baptized with shamanic incantations and other ludicrous mumbo-jumbo? The morality of the Bible is clearly sick -- especially the Pentateuch. "A witch should be stoned," "Gay people hanged". This is iron-age horseshit and it's time for people to grow up intellectually because overpopulation is destroying the entire planet.

Check out a list of these quotations compiled in my book by the famous feminist writer Barbara Walker. Read a few to your Christian friends and ask them is this what you believe. This is the Word of God isn't it?

[amazon.com]

Aristippus 6 Aug 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You speak as if you are surprised to discover that 80% of the human race are dangerous fucking morons.
Only the law, TV, organised crime the fear of a large red dude with horns and a trident and maybe copious amounts of readily available alcohol stops them from eating one another.

We are in a transition now. Religion is dying. That is one of the causes for the angst and anger in believers.

I can understand the appeal of that perspective, but I have been unable to find evidence to support it.

There is a lot of shit in the world. There has always been. We all have to pick and choose.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:523330
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.