Agnostic.com

6 9

Mail slowdown: "Let it please be here."

A $15,000 check from my life insurance policy is weeks late in the mail. Damn Trump! It's to pay my daughter's attorney for Claire's divorce from her abusive husband Matt.

The assault trail against Matt is postponed for six months due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The check was mailed from Rhode Island on July 17. On August 18, I will call MetLife again and ask to speak to a supervisor. MetLife refuses to wire money. I will insist.

To amuse myself, I sing the world's schmaltziest song, "Let It Please Be Him" by Vikki Carr while walking to the mailbox. Revised the lyrics slightly:

"Let it please be here
Oh dear check!

"It must be here
It must be here

"Or I shall die
Again I die."

Here's Vikki Carr singing "Let It Please Be Him."

[video.search.yahoo.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hopefully you will receive it before August 17 .

How long has the postal service been around and been managed into the dirt?
How long had Trump been president?
Please explain how that is Trump’s fault?

Also, as a Democrat... you should be willing to give at least 50% of that in taxes.

@CourtJester

Read these three articles.

The Postmaster General — a major Trump donor — suddenly ousted the Postal Service's top officials

[salon.com]

Postmaster General, a Trump crony, admits slowing the mail

[peoplesworld.org]

Is the Trump Post Office Slowdown Political Sabotage?

[slate.com]

@LiterateHiker hahahahahaha. Whatever.

SMDH! What makes abusive men so attractive?

@BitFlipper

Many men change when they get married. It's common.

I learned to never marry a man who hates his mother.

@LiterateHiker I know my wife sure changed when we got married.

Sorry for the delay. Hope it’s there soon. And hope the jerk that abused Claire gets what he deserves.

Your daughter who was just married? So sorry!

@GreatNani

They were married in September 2018.

In January 2020, Claire threw Matt out after he nearly killed her.

His emotional and physical abuse started when they got married. Matt terrorized and tortured Claire.

I feel proud of Claire's intelligence, strength and confidence.

@LiterateHiker I'm so sorry to hear what you and Claire have had to put up with for the past couple of years, and that Covid is interfering with the process of prosecuting the SOB. Hugs, best wishes, and schmaltzy songs to you both as you get through this.

@LiterateHiker I am so sorry. Very difficult. So glad you have each other.

@GreatNani

Thank you, dear. Claire has a great counselor.

I expect things to get worse. Best wishes. Keep telling people. Keep pushing to vote blue.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524046
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.