Agnostic.com

2 3

About hashtags!

I am not very computer literate, and don't have a Twitter account. So can someone be kind enough and patient enough to explain the following:

1. What exactly is a hash-tag, and what is its purpose?
  2. When I post something, I see some automatic hashtags added to my post...do I leave these alone?
  3. How does one add a hashtag...I am just a LEVEL 4. Is this question above my 'clearance' so to speak?
    ADMINS...please help and educate this old man. Thank you!
Green_Soldier71 7 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

hash·tag
/ˈhaSHtaɡ/

a word or phrase preceded by a hash sign "#", used on social media websites and applications, especially Twitter, to identify messages on a specific topic.

"spammers often broadcast tweets with popular hashtags even if the tweet has nothing to do with them", the hash or pound sign "#".

"Hunt mistook an @ for a hashtag while tweeting derogatory thoughts about him".

If you go to menu> about>FAQ

Q: What are hash tags?

Hashtags are just keywords, without spaces, for your posts and are shown with a preceeding '#', ‘#hashtag’, hashtags can be one or more words such as (#love, #ChristopherHitchens ). We use hashtags to categorize and link to posts. You can see a list of tags here. Depending on your level, you can add tags to other people's posts if helpful.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524159
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.