Agnostic.com

6 0

So here's my favorite question for religious folks. Do you seek God or do you seek the truth? 3.1459 points for the best answer lol!

Waddyathink 3 Aug 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am not religious, therefore I seek the truth. You're giving too much points for the right answer, I would be fine with just 3.14159 points!

Lol first person (including me ) to notice the missing digit.

God is not something you can 'find,' it's everywhere, possibly. If so, the 'truth' doesn't have to be 'found;' if not, it doesn't exist. In that case, there might not be any such thing as truth, or god.

The truth or the facts. I think sometimes people have different truths.

well if you make truth your god, then there’s no contest

skado Level 9 Aug 14, 2020

Good answer, I like to make it a one or the other question with "believers" then watch the wheels start spinning lol!

how about.. can god make a stack of pancakes so tall he can't eat them?

Whoa, haven't heard that one. I'll need some serious syrup to work that one out lol. So I guess my answer would be, what would be the point of making more than you could eat even if you could? A waste of calories, pun intended.

That depends. Are they latkas or flapjacks?

@AmyTheBruce flapjacks.

@Waddyathink I was just bending around the old one about could god make a rock so big he couldn't pick it up? it's not about the point, it's about the possibility.

@hankster In that case then, yes. God always has room for more latkas, but flapjacks are surprisingly filling.

I could get pi points? I'd rather win an actual pie. But okay, I'll answer as the religious person I once was.

I seek the truth, and who better to seek it through than God? Since he's omniscient and all, real truth can best be found through him.

This is the circular sort of thinking that traps so many.

Oh boy, this could get interesting. Question: Does believing in something make it exist or not exist? Either it's there or it's not - right? You can't change the existence of something by believing or not believing in it agree? and BTW Pi are round, not squared lol!

@Waddyathink Agreed - a thing exists or fails to exist independent of my belief in it. There might be some exceptions to this, but I can't think of any (quantum physics or something? I dunno - that stuff is over my head.)

But for many people, the existence of God(s) is just a given. Assumed. Obvious.

Edited to add: I have made a square pie, and having done so, I find it rather silly that we all insist on the round shape. Square pies are easier to shape and to cut.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524666
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.