Agnostic.com

9 1

What are some of the dumbest arguments made against atheists/agnostics you have heard?

brandanstanton 3 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The dumbest "arguement" I have heard was someone telling me that I don't really know the facts... as if the Bible were full of facts.

"If you don't believe in God, you believe murder is Ok" Uh, yeah, and I am just finishing my list...

Given the stories in the bible like Noah and the flood I'd say god is no stranger to murder. This argument is the one of the most recurring ones I hear.

"The second law of thermodynamics says that we have to have been created by God (specifically the Christian God mind you) and that is why abortion is bad."

That's when you ask what is the second law of thermodynamics as a matter of fact what are the other laws of thermodynamics I'm willing to bet they have no clue

"You must be angry at God"
"It's illogical that you point out illogic in something you say you don't believe."
"The universe IS evidence of God; just look around."

One of my favorites is atheism is a religion.
That's like saying not shooting up heroin is an addiction.

I always find the line that atheists cannot be moral or ethical to be the most silly.

"But they found Noah's Ark!"

'Where?'

"....."

"Atheists just like to sin."
"Without belief in God, you can't have morals."
"You'll see you were wrong when you're burning in hell."
"Atheists don't believe in anything."
"Science will prove God."
"I didn't take religion seriously when I was younger, either; you'll come around."

I hate the no moral one. Why do we have to be bad? Lol

Because being bad feels so good… 😛

The one that always gets me is without God you can't have morals

I’m not sure I understand the question.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5248
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.