Agnostic.com

4 2

The establishment of the Postal Service (USPS) is in the Constitution our politicians are sworn to protect. Now, it seems to me that if one wants to protect the constitution one is obligated to protect what is contained therein. Our postal service has been one of the best and most reliable in the world for a couple hundred years.

Donald Trump and his pal DeJoy
Are two most despicable boys.
To stifle the gale
They'll shackle our vote
To a line instead of the mail.

Little Don and Louis DeJoy,
Both known for detestable ploys,
Will cripple the post
To muffle the votes
They fear would account for the most.

What they haven't kept in mind
Is the stiff American spine.
The votes will be cast,
The tally be made,
And they'll be a part of the past.

~J. Richard Jacobs

evidentialist 8 Aug 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pretty much the entire GOP has sold out the Constitution in a desperate grab for power – even to the point of embracing and obeying Vladimir Putin. The democratic republic is in danger like we haven't seen since the Civil War.

Trump has repeatedly stated his reason for interfering with the mail.
DeJoy has publicly harmed the PO’s ability to deliver the mail.
The Constitution explicitly identifies the Post Office.

Those give the Supreme Court all the reason it needs to extend the deadline for counting the vote to all of November and even into December.

Fun poetry! I'm calming myself with the idea that our reps. are fighting the GOP as we speak!

No matter what they try to do. Vote him out. If they stop mail in voting, get an N95 mask. Go to the polls. Wait in line. No matter what you think of Biden, suck it up and vote Trump out. He must be stopped.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524908
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.