Agnostic.com

4 2

”America has a terrible case of the Screaming Memes” The decline of nuance. Started my day with this great piece and we here on Agnostic.com are becoming more and more guilty. We need to practice “smelling the flowers and blowing out the candles and use our sense of reason to cut through all the major crap floating in the networld! The decline of nuance.
[news.yahoo.com]

JackPedigo 9 Aug 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In the jungle, nuance has a high price.

I don't think we are in the 'jungle' yet. Without nuance we will get there a lot faster, though.

@JackPedigo Most Trumpists and I are in a jungle. Nuance is too valuable to waste.

@yvilletom Sounds like another of those resources of which are running inshort supply.

Playing with famous memes may add nuance. For instance, with a nod to @AnneWimsey, All that is needed for the triumph of good is for evil people to do nothing.

All that is needed for the triumph of evil is for good [ people] to do nothing! Not original to me, but TRUE.
I like memes! Many times much-needed relief from worries about political horrors, if only for a moment. And many times just TRUTH in a nugget!

@AnneWimsey

More meme play. Those who know history are condemned to say that those who don’t know history are condemned to repeat it.

Sharing memes is a lot easier than thinking for oneself. It's easier to regurgitate stuff they heard on FoxNews., or even copy and paste something. Posting a meme takes the least thought. Facebook, the least thought and the most likes.

And that is why those of us that realize this fact need to stand fast and not let the buffoons take our minds away from us.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:525356
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.