Agnostic.com

8 3

To the surviving people of Palestine,

I am truly so very sorry that you, your families, your neighbors, and your country suffer so as a brutal slaughter is waged across your land. I have tried to remain informed and active politically so that I could do whatever I can to help prevent my country from inflicting further such tragedies on others. As you might imagine, sometimes I too feel very helpless in this regard. You all have done much to remind me that sometimes courage can be as simple a thing as to just keep moving forward. And for that, you have my sincere respect, admiration, and gratitude. Please forgive us for not doing more to protect you.

To the dead, there is nothing I can say to lessen the pain. You are missed.

~ LanceThruster

WilliamCharles 8 Aug 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bertrand Russell got it.

Truth bomb.

Gaza is constantly lobbing bombs into Israel. I’d kinda like to see Israel just flatten them once and for all and end the BS.

Yeah, well if you're the type that gets your rocks off wishing for war crimes and murder, you probably need some serious help.

@WilliamCharles it’s going to continue until one side wins. May as well get it over with and move on.

On Bombs And Bombings

"For a full week now the Israeli army has been bombing Gaza, a population that is about to run out of fuel for its only power plant due to a years-long Israeli program of deliberate siege warfare.

Yesterday the US ordered an airstrike on Syrian forces, killing one, when they refused to let the illegal occupying force past a checkpoint in northern Syria.

In both cases an arm of the US-centralized empire used wildly disproportionate force against people who stood against a hostile occupation of their own country. In both cases the more powerful and violent occupiers claimed they were acting in “self-defense”. In both cases dropping explosives from the sky upon human beings barely made the news."

[caitlinjohnstone.com]

"Following are just a few of the many massacres committed by Jewish-Zionist terrorists, notably by the Zionist Hagana, Irgun and Stern Gang groups.

Don't expect any Hollywood films highlighting any of these massacres:

1. King David Hotel, July 22, 1946.
  2. Sharafat, Feb. 7, 1951.
  3. Deir Yassin, April 10, 1948.
  4. Falameh, April 2, 1951.
  5. Naseruddine, April 14, 1948.
  6. Quibya, Oct. 14, 1953.
  7. Carmel, April 20, 1948.
  8. Nahalin, March, 28, 1954.
  9. Al-Qabu, May 1, 1948.
  10. Gaza, Feb. 28, 1955.
  11. Beit Kiras, May 3, 1948.
  12. Khan Yunis, May 31, 1955.
  13. Beitkhoury, May 5, 1948.
  14. Khan Yunis Again, Aug. 31, 1955
  15. Az-Zaytoun, May 6, 1948.
  16. Tiberia, Dec. 11, 1955.
  17. Wadi Araba, May 13, 1950.
  18. As-Sabha, Nov. 2, 1955.
  19. Gaza Again, April 5, 1956.
  20. Houssan, Sept. 25, 1956.
  21. Rafa, Aug. 16, 1956.
  22. Qalqilyah, Oct. 10, 1956.
  23. Ar-Rahwa, Sept. 12, 1956.
  24. Kahr Kassem, Oct. 29, 1956.
  25. Gharandal, Sept. 13, 1956.
  26. Gaza Strip, Nov. 1956.
  27. Gaza Strip, Nov. 1956."

[rense.com]

“Why should these Palestinians, who have lived in Jerusalem for hundreds of years, be evicted from their homes so that Jews from Brooklyn can live in them?”

~ Norman Finkelstein

"This fascinating essay, written by King Hussein’s grandfather King Abdullah, appeared in the United States six months before the 1948 Arab-Israeli War. In the article, King Abdullah disputes the mistaken view that Arab opposition to Zionism (and later the state of Israel) is because of longstanding religious or ethnic hatred. He notes that Jews and Muslims enjoyed a long history of peaceful coexistence in the Middle East, and that Jews have historically suffered far more at the hands of Christian Europe. Pointing to the tragedy of the holocaust that Jews suffered during World War II, the monarch asks why America and Europe are refusing to accept more than a token handful of Jewish immigrants and refugees. It is unfair, he argues, to make Palestine, which is innocent of anti-Semitism, pay for the crimes of Europe. King Abdullah also asks how Jews can claim a historic right to Palestine, when Arabs have been the overwhelming majority there for nearly 1300 uninterrupted years? The essay ends on an ominous note, warning of dire consequences if a peaceful solution cannot be found to protect the rights of the indigenous Arabs of Palestine."

[kinghussein.gov.jo]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:525914
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.