Agnostic.com

7 19

How to get masked people to laugh and cover their nose.

We have all seen idiots wearing a mask with their noses uncovered. This frosts my shorts.

"You are breathing on customer's bread, including mine," I told the woman slicing my bread at Fred Meyer. "Please cover your nose and mouth. I want a new loaf of bread."

"Wearing a mask with your nose uncovered is like wearing a condom with the tip cut off," I say. "Nobody is protected."

Most people laugh. Some look startled. They all pull up their mask, covering their nose.

"That's a perfect metaphor," my doctor said, laughing. "It's funny and apt."

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Brilliant response, must remember it. Then again I tend to NOT confront those people, it may be a small town but there are some nasty people who do not like mouthy women.

Love this comment you made,will have to remember it , "Wearing a mask with your nose uncovered is like wearing a condom with the tip cut off," I say. "Nobody is protected." There is certainly brain dead uneducated people out there and they wonder why numbers are so high,Keep you your good work of shaming people to do what is right

What the facts are.

BDair Level 8 Aug 19, 2020

Do you wear a shield?

No. I wear a mask when it is required to enter a building. But like this doctor, I do not believe that I am in any danger from the CV2.

Sorry this is dated July the 5th, it is way out of date.

The facts are still the facts, and the data is still the data no matter how many times Dr. Fauci and the CDC reverse their positions.

Again, you demonstrate your brilliance and ability to think on your feet.
Great way to respond.

I see people all over not masking, or leaving their noses uncovered. It makes me crazy(er),
but even places that have adopted requiring masks to enter (i.e. Publix), aren't enforcing
that. Georgia is surging in positive cases and hospitalizations, but our piss-poor excuse for
a governor won't do anything constructive to curtail the rate of infection. He's still pushing
to have in-person schooling, while over 2,000 new cases have been documented since the
kids in this state started attending school again. Both K-12 and collegiate level.

About an hour ago, I got on the 15 year old about not having her nose covered.
I did tell her that wearing a mask in that manner is like not wearing one at all.
No telling if I got through. Teenagers, whaddya gonna do?

On a much brighter note, I learned that she and her siblings will all be participating in
the online school option instead of attending in-person classes.
I am extremely relieved about that.

@KKGator

Thank you, dear!

Our gov here in WA state issued a mandatory mask wearing requirement, the fox viewing, right wing people are not happy but are wearing them for the most part. The stores not complying can be reported to L & I, so there are consequences. Guess what? in the weeks since the mandate was put into effect the numbers are starting to trend down!

You’re exactly right.

I love this one!!!

Very funny, but sadly true about the mask.

Excellent response

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 19, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:526089
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.