Agnostic.com

5 13

Joe Biden's Most Unifying Message: Human Decency

“Character is on the ballot. Compassion is on the ballot. Decency, science, democracy. They are all on the ballot,” Biden said in his final remarks accepting the Democratic presidential nomination on Thursday night. “And the choice could not be clearer. No rhetoric is needed. Just judge this president on the facts.”

And perhaps the most memorable moment from the four days came from Brayden Harrington, a 13-year-old New Hampshirite with a stutter. Biden bonded with Harrington over their shared struggle with stuttering. Now Harrington credits Biden with helping him overcome his speech impediment. Although not explicitly stated, the moment felt particularly poignant given all the times Trump and his allies have mocked Biden for his stutter.

“I’m just a regular kid,” Harrington said. “And in a short amount of time, Joe Biden made me more confident about something that’s bothered me my whole life. Joe Biden cared. Imagine what he could do for all of us.”

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm more of Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren type of person, but what I heard from Kamala Harris and especially Joe Biden's speech last night convinced me that they would make a perfectly fine and capable President and Vice President!! Perhaps more appropriate to the country as it stands now than my far left politics.

So Happy to hear all the positive stuff about him and his running partner coming to light, They are the only choice

That was a great speech! It makes me more confident of the path ahead

All the best ❤

Varn Level 8 Aug 21, 2020

That had always been him, in Delaware we know this

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 21, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:526544
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.